cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
musclebuster
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

While using LiveSafe's Shredder to delete Temporary Internet Files, the program suddenly closed halfway through.

Jump to solution

While using LiveSafe's Shredder to delete Temporary Internet Files, the program suddenly closed halfway through - without notifying me of whether it had shredded all the files, to boot. Which, when I started it back up, it hadn't.

Does anybody know if this might be a problem (because it's never happened before)?

It's QuickClean and Shredder ver. 12.8, build 12.8.710 and I'm using IE 11 on Windows 8.1 64-bit, if any of that helps.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: While using LiveSafe's Shredder to delete Temporary Internet Files, the program suddenly closed halfway through.

Jump to solution

You may try running the Latest (MVT) http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/downloadindex.html and see if it detects any issues. I am running (13.6.233) Version/Build and have not experienced any issues.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

5 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: While using LiveSafe's Shredder to delete Temporary Internet Files, the program suddenly closed halfway through.

Jump to solution

You may try running the Latest (MVT) http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/en-us/downloadindex.html and see if it detects any issues. I am running (13.6.233) Version/Build and have not experienced any issues.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Moved to PC Optimization-By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

I might add that I am using McAfee Total Protection/Windows 7 Service Pack 1/Internet Explorer 11

You can always contact Technical Support as well 24/7 (Free)

Via Chat/Phone being much Quicker.

All the Best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
musclebuster
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks for the link! It took MVT a little while to update and get established, but once finally done it didn't detect any issues with Shredder or the rest. Hmm.

I suppose it was probably a minor glitch and nothing to worry about, but if it happens again I'll (obviously) pursue it.

Until that happens (hopefully not), much appreciated!

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

You are perfectly welcome   Lets hope all is okay now.

All the best,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community