Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altf4
Former Member
Message 1 of 13

Vulnerability Scanner Issues

Jump to solution

Hi McAfee Community

My Vulnerability Scanner keeps advising me that I update my Java Development Kit from 8 to 9.

I downloaded and installed the Java Development Kit 1.9.0:update_1 from the following source,

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk9-downloads-3848520.html

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk9-downloads-3848520.html

I ran the Vulnerability Scanner again but keeps advising that I need to update my Java Development Kit so I went to Program and Features, Uninstall a program so I uninstalled the old Java Development Kit 8 and restarted my PC then tried Vulnerability Scanner again but I'm still getting asked to update any ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

How I downloaded the Java Development Kit 8 was by downloading Microsoft Visual Studio I had choice of what I wanted to install with Visual Studio and wanted to install Java with it for developing Java applications.

Operating System: Windows 10 Professional

McAfee Total Protection

Vulnerability Scanner Issue.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
altf4
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

Re: Vulnerability Scanner Issues

Jump to solution

I actually got it resolved just there surprisingly because I was having another issue with Windows Defender Security Center saying that I needed to turn on McAfee VirusScan and Firewall but they were turned on so I uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee again that resolved that other issue that I was having then I ran Vulnerability Scanner again after the reinstall its not asking me to update the Java Development Kit anymore.

I think this all started happening after the latest Windows update I had installed it was the anniversary update.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
altf4
Former Member
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

Also like to add when I go to Configure Java and check for updates it says that I have latest edition.

Configure Java Application.PNG

The only way I can seem to stop issue showing up in Vulnerability Scanner is by uninstalling Java completely.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

What does it say is recommended and what do you have?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

Discussion successfully moved from Community Support to Vulnerability Scanner

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
altf4
Former Member
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi Peacekeeper

Thanks for getting back to me.

It asks me to install the following if you look at the screenshot,

Update.PNG

I then select "Download" and it redirects me to the following site,

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

I then click on section for downloading Java Development Kit and download the latest Java Development Kit,

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk9-downloads-3848520.html#close

Download.PNG

When I go to "Program and Features" in Windows this what I have installed.

Progam and Features, Java.PNG

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

OK put this as an item for next Mondays moderator call

altf4
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

I actually got it resolved just there surprisingly because I was having another issue with Windows Defender Security Center saying that I needed to turn on McAfee VirusScan and Firewall but they were turned on so I uninstalled and reinstalled McAfee again that resolved that other issue that I was having then I ran Vulnerability Scanner again after the reinstall its not asking me to update the Java Development Kit anymore.

I think this all started happening after the latest Windows update I had installed it was the anniversary update.

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

Ok thanks so you now have16.0.r6 and no popup at boot. good

altf4
Former Member
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

It still pops up at boot but it's doesn't bother me or my machine.

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

What pops up the interface opens or the VS notification? If former you did not get 16.0.R6

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community