cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bxcrwlly
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Vulnerability Scanner Detecting Java Updates Each Week?

Jump to solution

Anyone else having a problem with the Vulnerability Scanner repetitively identifying Java installs required for the same build?  I run it weekly and each week VS says I need to update JAVA and it's always the same build #.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Re: Vulnerability Scanner Detecting Java Updates Each Week?

Jump to solution

Given the fact that your Affld # is not (0) meaning that often is the case, your upgrade/update is dependent upon your provider, you will eventually receive the updated Version. Actually I obtain my subscription directly from McAfee, and I have yet to receive the 14.0.207 MSC Version myself..

If you feel that your concerns have been addressed, please mark appropriately as 'Correctly Answered' as it will assist other Consumers.

Again,

All the very best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

6 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Your Profile indicates you are using the Consumer Version? Could you please apprise us if indeed this is the case? I am moving this to 'Vulnerability Scanner" as it seems more appropriate.

There is a fix in regards to Java Script in the v 4.0.119 of Vulnerability Scanner

Regards,

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Moved appropriately from Foundstone to PC Optimization > Vulnerabilty Scanner > Discussions By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bxcrwlly
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

catdaddy:  McAfee came with my new HP computer so I'm assuming that's what you're referring to as "Consumer Version?"  If so, then yes.  I also included a snap shot of my current version of Vulnerability Scanner

vulnerabilityscannerinfo022515.JPG

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Given the fact that your Affld # is not (0) meaning that often is the case, your upgrade/update is dependent upon your provider, you will eventually receive the updated Version. Actually I obtain my subscription directly from McAfee, and I have yet to receive the 14.0.207 MSC Version myself..

If you feel that your concerns have been addressed, please mark appropriately as 'Correctly Answered' as it will assist other Consumers.

Again,

All the very best

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Thank you ....you can expect the updated Version to eventually occur.

All the very Best

Cd

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Locking this discussion as it has been 'Correctly Answered

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community