cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 31 of 39

Re: Quickclean Wont Open

Ok if you wish to wait for Microsoft, that is okay. I don't see how CCleaner will help to recreate registry keys.

For anyone else who doesn't feel like waiting you can download a tool that corrects the Internet Explorer registry path on XP, Vista, Win7 32 and 64 bit systems. I imagine there are probably other problems this will solve, but for us it is just QuickClean launching.

Updating this post with a new tool which fixes Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/browserpathfix.zip

Regards,

Message was edited by: dougr_t3_support on 7/11/12 9:29:57 AM PDT
gunner
Former Member
Message 32 of 39

CCleaner isn't to edit my registry; it's to replace QuickClean.

flogger
Former Member
Message 33 of 39

Thanks. Explains why my PC got issues ever since I installed CCleaner. I just did a system restore to fix it.

gunner
Former Member
Message 34 of 39

CCleaner corrupted your PC?  What did I say that attributed your issues to CCleaner?  You might have been sarcastic . . . but I'm not sure.

cat33
Former Member
Message 35 of 39

I downloaded the tool (that corrects the IE registry path) per your instructions, but it did nothing to solve the problem with Quick Clean not opening. Since I am unfamiliar with this tool or the registry, please tell me if it could do any harm to my system. Is there a way to undo what I just did?

I finally decided to go ahead and uninstall the Chrome browser (as suggested on the Mcafee forum) and it fixed the problem, and now Quick Clean is once again working after several months. So I wonder what is is about Chrome that doesn't allow Quick Clean to open.

Peacekeeper
Message 36 of 39

I will ask 1 of the mods who uses chrome to try QC

cat33
Former Member
Message 37 of 39

Thank you.

I went ahead and reinstalled Chrome, and QC is still working. So I'm not really sure what happened, but for the past several months, QC would not launch (until I did the uninstall of Chrome).

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 38 of 39

When you reinstalled, Chrome most likely rewrote the path in the registry.

FYI - We are using an updated tool for this issue now. Originally, only a broken IE path was causing problems. Lately we have found that if the path is broken for Firefox, Chrome, and even Safari, you can run into issues with McAfee or any other applications which access the browser.

This tool fixes them all:

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/browserpathfix.zip

I will edit the post above to minimize confusion.

Regards,

Message was edited by: dougr_t3_support on 7/11/12 9:28:23 AM PDT
cat33
Former Member
Message 39 of 39

Thanks so much for the helpful explanation!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community