MVP
Message 21 of 39

Re: Quickclean Wont Open

Thanks for posting it.   Good luck. 😉

gunner
Former Member
Message 22 of 39

Is there a manual edit I can make in the registry?  I will not download and install a program from an unfamiliar site.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 39

The download is safe, I checked.

adityas123
Former Member
Message 24 of 39

I uploaded it myself.Its safe 100% Trust me.I am not a fool to post a virus on  a security forum

ajacobs
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 25 of 39

I understand the reg key is safe and that you got it from one of our techs, however we don't post those publically. My apologies.

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 26 of 39

The registry key seems to set the IEXPLORE.EXE path to defaults. Are we saying that if this path is incorrect QuickClean will not launch?

I agree that it is best to let us post links to tools, reg files etc. If you find a tool or FAQ that was used in support, try to get the name of the tool or FAQ. Most of the time we host these on our download site. Once we know the name or the tool or the FAQ, we can post the official McAfee link here for all to use.

Regards,

gunner
Former Member
Message 27 of 39

Will McAfee resolve the QuickClean discrepancy with the next update?  I will not download and install anything from a file-sharing site or allow anyone to remotely access my computer.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 28 of 39

adityas123, sorry I gave you the wrong advice.   I guess people should contact Technical Support in each inidividual case for the fix.

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 29 of 39

That is an interesting question. I reproduced this by removing the registry key pointing to the IEXPLORER.EXE path. This is a Microsoft regsitry key and I am not sure about our policy on fixing their registry keys. I will surely bring this up to engineering to see if there is an alternate way of launching QC instead of relying on this registry key.

I will add a registry patch on our download site. Will that be okay for you to use?

gunner
Former Member
Message 30 of 39

No, do not post a registry patch for me.  I don't want McAfee to solve a Microsoft issue.  If it's a Windows XP issue, I'll wait for a Microsoft-approved fix.  I'll download CCleaner.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community