cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adityas123
Former Member
Message 11 of 39

Re: Quickclean Wont Open

Nope.I removed all of Dell's bloatware the moment I bought the PC.I then installed mcafee total protection which I had recently purchased separately.Quick Clean did work for some days but after updating to the recent build which caused the icon issue it broke quick clean.I had also installed a plethora of other browsers before the update like opera,firefox but now I uninstalled them all but its still not working.I think it was your latest update to security center which has caused the problem

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 39

That's weird considering it works OK here.  It's up to you if you want to wait until the icon issue is fixed..probably Monday and if this continues then pursue it with Tech. Support...that's if Dinz doesn't chip in first.

gunner
Former Member
Message 13 of 39

My QuickClean versions don't match.  Under About in the McAfee Security Center, I previously reported Version 11.0 . . . Build 11.0.416 . . . Last Update 12/27/2011.  However, when I navigate into the directory, the Version is 11.0.393.0.

Directory:  C:\Program Files\McAfee\MQS

File:  QcConsol

Right-Click:  Properties

Tab:  Version

File Version:  11.0.393.0

I am assuming QcConsol is the QuickClean application because it's description is QuickClean Console Application.

11.0.416 ≠ 11.0.393.0

Dinz
Former Member
Message 14 of 39

Adithya/gunner,

Please click on Useful links at the top of this page and then click Technical support and  get in touch with our technical support experts so as they remote into your PC and get it fixed for you !!!

Regards,

silkysmooth
Former Member
Message 15 of 39

All,

I contacted McAfee Technical Support for this issue. The first time I contacted them on Dec. 16th, the technician who took control of my PC after uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee Security Center told me I would need to contact Microsoft and have them fix something that would correct the issue with McAfee. That is why I turned to the McAfee Community for help. However, I contacted McAfee Technical Support again on Dec. 20th. That time the technician escalated my case to their Tier2 Team. This time the technician told me this is a known issue with McAfee and among some of the things they did to try to fix the issue they collected some logs from my PC to research the problem. Finally on Dec. 30th, Naveen Kumar with McAfee Team2.5 fixed this issue for me. He said it had something to do with Firefox. I am puzzled by that because even though I have Firefox installed on my PC, I am using Internet Explorer 8 as my default browser. Whatever the reason for the problem, the good news is that I can open the McAfee QuickClean tool now and it is working.

adityas123
Former Member
Message 16 of 39

can you please tell me what he did with firefox?.I had it installed and now I uninstalled it but same problem

silkysmooth
Former Member
Message 17 of 39

Naveen had control of my PC. I don't know what he did. He just said that's what they found had caused the problem. I still have Firefox and he never uninstalled it at any time. You can go to Help in McAfee, then click on McAfee Support Website, and then you can chat with one of their technicians who can remotely access your PC to resolve your issue. The first time I did that on Dec. 16th I got nowhere with the technician uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee and then telling me I would need to contact Microsoft because Internet Explorer 8 was not showing up as an installed program on my PC, but the next time I got a technician who escalated my case to a higher level team and they contacted me again more than once after that to resolve the issue.

adityas123
Former Member
Message 18 of 39

YAAY MCAFEE SUPPORT SOLVED THE PROBLEM.The technician used a registry key to do it.Ex Brit shall I upload the reg key to mediafire and post the link here to help anyone who faces similar issues?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 39

That's great and I don't see any reason why you shouldn't do that, thank you.   For others though, it isn't guaranteed, but it may certainly help. 

adityas123
Former Member
Message 20 of 39

REMOVED

Message was edited by: ajacobs on 1/6/12 11:49:49 AM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community