cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adityas123
Former Member
Message 1 of 39

Quickclean Wont Open

Another problem I am facing alongside this icon is that quickclean isnt opening.When I click on it nothing happens.I have already uninstalled and reinstalled mcafee total protection and even ran mcafee virtual technician to no avail.HELP!

38 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 39

Re: Quickclean Wont Open

adityas123, I hope you don't mind but I moved this to the Quickclean section.  I'm sure you'll agree the 'annoying icon' thread is messy enough without getting sidetracked.

Hopefully someone with that expertise will be along to help.  In the meanwhile you might want to check with Tech Support - free by phone or online chat, tell them you already tried the uninstall routine.

gunner
Former Member
Message 3 of 39

I don't use McAfee QuickClean but adityas is correct . . . it does not launch after clicking it.

Message was edited by: gunner on 1/4/12 8:23:07 AM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 39

What version of SecurityCenter & Quickclean are you both running?  Double-click the taskbar icon to open it and then click 'About"

gunner
Former Member
Message 5 of 39

McAfee SecurityCenter:  Version 11.0 . . . Build 11.0.649 . . . Affld 106-1 . . . Last Update 12/27/2011

McAfee QuickClean and Shredder:  Version 11.0 . . . Build 11.0.416 . . . Last Update 12/27/2011

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 39

Well that's exactly the same as mine and it opens fine here.

Under PC and Home Network Tools on the home page

Capture.JPG

I think the best bet is to contact Technical Support linked under Useful Links at the top of this page and if your uninstall/reinstall also involved using the MCPR cleanup tool  (also linked there) then tell them that.  otherwise try it again but use the cleanup tool and reboot before reinstalling from your online account.

adityas123
Former Member
Message 7 of 39

yeah my versions are the same as gunner posted above.By browsing this forum,I found a similar thread

https://community.mcafee.com/message/219514#219514

It looks as if the research team is working on it.Ex_Brit can you please confirm?

Message was edited by: adityas123 on 1/4/12 10:01:30 AM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 39

You're right, it would appear some are getting it.  Are your OS's Windows 7 SP1?   I'm going to boot into that now and see what I get (in Vista at present).

adityas123
Former Member
Message 9 of 39

Yes Windows 7 SP1 64 bit.Its a Dell PC

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 39

Interesting.  Do you have Dell's software installed?  I'm wondering if that's clashing with it as, if I recall, they used to have something very similar to Quickclean incorporated.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community