cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 1 of 23

Quick Clean in McAfee LifeSafe - deletes important Chrome data, no way to disable

Jump to solution

Dear developers of McAfee LifeSafe - I understand your intention to simplify interface, but you've done a really bad decision by excluding option for disabling/configuring QuickClean. I was unfortunate to run it once and it destroyed some data in Chrome where  configuration of Chrome plugins was stored. And now it just silently runs from time to time and do it's "dirty" job with removing files. Please, add an option to disable it or to configure what areas to clean, don't expect your users to be so stupid.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 23

Re: Quick Clean in McAfee LifeSafe - deletes important Chrome data, no way to disable

Jump to solution

This is the “Result” screen that you see after Quick clean has finished cleaning. Click on “Done” and then navigate to “Home” tab on the main security centre interface and click on "Remove cookie and trackers"

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

View solution in original post

22 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 23

Re: Quick Clean in McAfee LifeSafe - deletes important Chrome data, no way to disable

Jump to solution

Did you receive a prompt at the bottom right of your page,offering you to clean cluttered items? It seems hat Quick Clean is set by default to scan your system weekly. I have noticed this as well,and (Cancel) it on each occasion.

I will bring this up on our upcoming Conference Call.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 23

Jump to solution

I also saw this for the first time last night. In the box is an option not to ask again if you want to do manual scans.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 23

Jump to solution

Hmmm? I did not see one Mate? I will monitor closely, as it is set to scan again on 10/3.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 23

Jump to solution

I received it first time where I had misfortune to allow it as it appeared not in the right moment. Since that it just starts automatically and I can't find how to disable it.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 23

Jump to solution

It should not be behaving like that.   Please contact Technical Support.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 23

Jump to solution

Do you mean it shouldn't delete Chrome plugins data or it should be possible to disable it? I'd like to be able to disable QuickClean, as I don't want cookies to be cleaned - i can clean it if will find necessary.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 23

Jump to solution

I have passed this on up the line.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 23

Jump to solution

Would not opening the schedule option in Quickclean area and choosing Do not schedule effectively stop it doing anything?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 23

Jump to solution

I set mine to that just now. However the problem still exists when you (Do) run it as it deletes files that are needed,and have been set by the user. I passed this on the the Techs.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community