cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kahunanui
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Please let me Turn off App boost and Shredder

I'm tearing my hair out trying to stop App Boost from crashing my applications. That's right, it isn't boosting anything, it's causing them to crash. I built a whole new system, it is plenty fast without McAfee's interference.

BTW, what does Never mean to you? It should mean-- once I select that option-- that you never freaking turn it on again!

And why bother displaying On for The Shredder if YOU DON'T PROVIDE AN OPTION TO TURN THE freaking thing off!!! I don't want you shredding my temp files or anything else. Scan them, that's what I paid for. Tell me if somethings not right, stop interfering with my work flow, or as soon as my subscription is up. I'm hunting for an AVP that doesn't act like MALWARE!!!!!!

3 Replies
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Please let me Turn off App boost and Shredder

Hi @Kahunanui,

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience caused. McAfee Shredder will be always ON because it lets you shred any of your files without having to open your McAfee software every single time, you can simply right click on a file and find an option to shred the file. McAfee Shredder will not shred any of your files automatically, shredder has to be manually initiated from your end.
Regarding your issue with app boost, if it automatically turns on even after turning it off and choosing the never option under resume boosting we recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the McAfee software on your device.
If the issue persists please get in touch with our support team by accessing the link below,
McAfee Chat Support. 

Reference article :
How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows  

How to download and install McAfee consumer products  

Regards,
Avinash.

Nunyaconcern
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I concur. I do not want file shredder as an option, part of my software, or upteen million fooking popup messages about using it every time I turn my computer on! Nor do I need 3rd party software for maintenance. If we cannot remove this piece of [SH.IT] software that is included in our virus software that we pay a lot of money for, at least let us turn off messages about using something we do not want to use! The customer is always right. And you have some customers who do not want to be forced to deal with all the bloatware included in Mcafee. It is for this exact reason that I have decided not to renew my subscription when it expires at the end of the year and I will be going back to Norton which does allow you to turn this crap off if it is included. McAfee virus software and firewall are great. All the included bloatware that we cannot uninstall because it is part of the package is most definitely not great. You will be losing a customer come 2024. I give you 10 months to get this straightened out. Give your customers what they are asking for. We are the ones paying you!

edgarcut
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

The way individuals approach grooming and hairstyling has changed thanks to EdgarCuts, a ground-breaking website for hair cutting. For those who want to try out several haircuts before committing to a new appearance, EdgarCuts offers an unmatched experience thanks to its user-friendly interface and cutting-edge virtual haircut simulation.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community