Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brad_the_dad
Contributor
Message 111 of 146

Re: Multiple copies of Quick CLean (Qcshm.exe) running

Jump to solution

I've gone ahead and turned off "Automatic Updates", because I'm tired of going to the System Tray icon and not being able to open LiveSafe because:

"An update is being installed"

(I'll occasionally try to change settings through the System Tray icon to temporarily disable real-time scanning with doing a disk intensive housekeeping activity)

I hope the "forthcoming" fix for QcShm.exe also solves this issue, because I'm beginning to feel like I'm pedaling through the internet naked and without a helmet!

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 112 of 146

Jump to solution

I will once again bring this up on our Conference Call tomorrow.

As you can see, I have indeed done so.

7. MarkR/DougK  What is the status on the * Qcshm.exe* issue?  CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
truffle
Contributor III
Message 113 of 146

Jump to solution

I have been living with this for about two months.  At Monday's meeting, can you please try to get a date when the "fix" will start being rolled out.  I understand that some people will getting it later than others because they bought Mcafee from a partner.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 114 of 146

Jump to solution

It has been mentioned already near the latter part of March. I will ask , however am uncertain if I can get a definite day/date.  From my understanding other issues are included in the fix as well.. I will report back my findings

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 115 of 146

Jump to solution

Giving actual dates have shot us in the foot before as circumstances conspire to hold releases up. last time we gave a day date we copped so much angst that we do not do it anymore. There are several other fixes as well.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 116 of 146

Jump to solution

Exactly..or that is what I meant to say.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
truffle
Contributor III
Message 117 of 146

Jump to solution

Any update from the Monday meeting?

Peacekeeper
Message 118 of 146

Jump to solution

Coming in the major patch mid to late March. At least still on track for late March. Though do not hold me to that time as several fixes included.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 119 of 146

Jump to solution

​,

Sorry for my delayed response. I had a sudden emergency occur yesterday afternoon right at the end of the Call. No definite Day/or Date but the approximate time frame remains as we mentioned.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
pmfarm
Former Member
Message 120 of 146

Jump to solution

Just wanted to add my PC to the pool of affected machines.  I've read the thread and have the same problem (over 100 Qschm.exe processes running).  It is a Dell running Win 7.  I have been running McAfee for years and get it directly as a download from the McAfee website.  Good luck with finding a fix quickly!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community