Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 91 of 146

Re: Multiple copies of Quick CLean (Qcshm.exe) running

Jump to solution

Hi Brad

It would all depend on when your expiry date is due for renewal with Dell? Of course you could contact contact Customer Service/Sales and explain to them you elect to purchase directly from McAfee (Affld#0)  In most cases can negotiate a reduced price. You would then receive your Versions/Builds more expediently.

The (New) installer is due to begin throttling out the (15.0 R0/15.1.156 Version/Build) soon.

Even now if you were to do a Uninstall/Reinstall you would get the (14.0 R12)

I will bring this up on today's Conference Call, and see if we can get a ETA on when that would be.

Note;  I have followed you, and if you would kindly hover over my Avatar and follow me/click done. I will apprise you/everyone immediately when the (New) Lam Version/Build is expected to be available.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
nnnnmm
Contributor
Message 92 of 146

Jump to solution

Hi Chinthanai ,

Any progress to report on this issue?

Thanks

nnnnmm
Contributor
Message 93 of 146

Jump to solution

Just to pile on here about lack of QA for this product.

Background

I have been using (mostly very happily) McAfee AV products for 7-8 years (maybe more), but now the wheels seem to be coming off the bus.

Environment:

I have McAfee LiveSafe on Windows 7, and have experienced all of the issues mentioned in this thread.

My PC is oldish, but works fine for MS Excel, Word, Firefox, chrome and a few specialty software I use.

Because of 2. below, I can't add my exact McAfee version number to this discussion.

Sometimes I have many programs open at the same time, and I am willing to wait the time for OS swaps to take place. (so my machine is a little clunky, but I see the same with much newer/faster macines).

That said, for a system with 4GB memory, even with a minimal number of programs open, I often see my system memory exceed 2GB. When I really have everything going, it can get up to 3.5GB, but then things really don't work, and I don't expect it to, and I don't blame McAfee 😉

Current situation :

1, Today I have 57 copies of QcShm.exe running ;-!

2, If I try to bring up the McAfee menu from the icon on the notification area I get the message "An update is being installed". Still "updating" two hours later. How much longer please?

And now that I see this, I remember this happened a few weeks back. I just gave up and went on to other things.

3, I also recall around October 2016? I had to call the tech support, and spent more than an hour ( think more like 2 hrs) while a tech support remoted into my machine, and basically did an uninstall and reinstall. If that had been the only time, I could accept that but I would have much preferred to have been given written instructions and left to do it myself. See next.

4. When I paid to update  my license in place in Dec 2016 (a seemingly great deal), something happened that the "new" version refused to install. When I used McAFee Virtual Technician, it (after several hours), got LiveSafe installed without further hassle. (I could be mistaken about how long it took, but after a good while of waiting, I left the room to do something else).

(I'll leave discussing offers for renewals in Dec for software that will expire in April as an unrelated issue)

I think that covers my current sate of foobar, While a bunch of McAfee exe's are running I haven't seen a message from my notification area in a long time like "Virus scanner updated".

Hm... I wonder if having 2 copies of Process Validation Service running is an issue

Comments, etc

-----

I have to agree with @smartcat 's reply under  -> Intel, please spend your money on better QA for your products, not new (and more stupid) install programs. Also agree with most other points in that reply.

-----

Finally, seeing and reading some of the 500+ comments at ConsumerAffairs* ( Top 552 Complaints and Reviews about McAfee  ) (although some seem to be posted by trolls or hysterics), I'm afraid we all may be running into more hassles now that McAfee is really part of Intel.

* I note that ConsumerAffairs is not the same as ConsumerReports (my personal gold-standard), so if someone can point me to information that CA is really a "alternate" news source, I'll remove this part from my message.

Over and Out

NNNN MM

Peacekeeper
Message 94 of 146

Jump to solution

I asked last call in of mods and a fix is starting release next month. Whether early or later that month depends on other issues needed to be placed in the release.

jonno2001
Contributor II
Message 95 of 146

Jump to solution

Even after a reebot this evening, I can't get into the GUI from the Taskbar Icon, McAfee is just going from bad to worse.

The roll-out engineers really need to get a wriggle-on with a solution else they won't need to worry about a fix

because people will have bailed well before.

Right now, I don't the last time I had a virus update or whether i'm actually protected any more ??

Where did it all go wrong ??

smartcat
Contributor II
Message 96 of 146

Jump to solution

Similar issues, after automatic update, can not bring UI. "it still updating" only after 2 restarts was able to bring it back and manually update.

Looks like this forum has enough customers who is not satisfied with the product.

Any one would like to participate in class action?

copper
Former Member
Message 97 of 146

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  I ran the Virtual Technician and a problem came up that says "True Key 4.4.129.1  Problem: Product update required".  The MVT could not do it itself so I guess I will start looking how to update the True Key.

jonno2001
Contributor II
Message 98 of 146

Jump to solution

Yeah, I just ran MVT and says there are 9 issues, upon trying to Auto fix them, it says it could do some, but not all ... complete that, run MVT and the same 9 are still there !!

I'm going to give it until the date of the supposed roll-out fix (mid-march perhaps) after that, i'll probably just uninstall.

I can't trust whether i'm protected or not in this state .... McAfee knew of the issues a good 2 months ago now .... no 'decent' security company takes this long to fox its own created issues !!

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 99 of 146

Jump to solution

As for your (TrueKey) issue...I suggest that you create a thread in the Truekey Forum, and I will contact a (Expert) from the TrueKey team on your behalf, to assist you.

Here​ is the link to the Truekey Forum True Key (NEW

I might add that as you can see, ​  took his personal time to assist you in this thread

See post below..

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
marcd
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 100 of 146

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Obviously, your true key version True Key 4.4.129.1 is very old and it is as such detected by the MVT. Please go to our website www.truekey.com and simply download and install a new version on top of your current True key installation and it should come up as 4.12 which is our latest version. Please let me know if you ran into any other issues.

Thanks,

Marc D

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community