Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gogman69-mcafee
Former Member
Message 81 of 146

Re: Multiple copies of Quick CLean (Qcshm.exe) running

Jump to solution

I received 14.0 R12 update today, from R11 previously.

No difference, the symptom repeats.

Each Hep | About, i.e. Account | About which brings up the About McAfee Total Protection dialog box, will start a new copy of the QcShm.exe process.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 82 of 146

Jump to solution

FYI...Contact Us | Intel Security

You may in addition, if you wish submit to  Executive Escalations team

I suggest that everyone (Bookmark/Save) these links for future reference.

Wishing everyone all the best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 83 of 146

Jump to solution

Just a wild thought here if the issue is causing anyone angst there is a workarourd. One can remove McAfee via

Remove McAfee

and go to www.beta.mcafee.com and register to install the beta version. It should give you 15.1.R0 which reading here has not the issue.

By using the beta for say 2 mths this issue would be cleared up and you can relax in the mean time and enjoy the PC use.

Note Beta issues are answered in the beta forum (ask a mod or Ex_brit to invite your joining) as normal support area is not applicable. There is a specialized defect tool available as well.  I have been running the beta version for many years and never had a major issue.

Just a wild idea.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 84 of 146

Jump to solution

Actually, I think it is available now on (Beta) only Mate.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 85 of 146

Jump to solution

I just booted into my Win 10 with McAfee Beta LiveSafe/Total Protection (15.1.R0) installed and no matter what I opened/closed, I couldn't repro this problem.

So I can confirm that's a viable solution for you guys for the couple of months waiting for the fix.

Just post here and I'll send you an Invitation to join the Beta Group, should you choose that option.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 86 of 146

Jump to solution

Thanks Mate   Hopefully I can get my new system here very soon, and I will run Beta also on this machine. Of course I will keep my (Retail Version) first and foremost.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
gogman69-mcafee
Former Member
Message 87 of 146

Jump to solution

By the way, my purchase of the mcafee total protection directly from mcafee (in december 2016), i.e.

Affld: 0

, i'm seeing that download to one Windows 7 machine gives different setup experience, where i can actually choose which components to install, where i can skip installing quick shred.

Then in different Windows 7 machine, the same download gives setup experience that is completely different, which has the blue'ish background, and the installation just starts right away, no choice to choose what to install and what not to.

Are there different mcafee total protection installers that run differently in Windows 7?

Peacekeeper
Message 88 of 146

Jump to solution

Yes 2 installers and two interfaces most are still on the old 1 though very rarely one gets the new 1. Mcafee are tweaking the installers.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 89 of 146

Jump to solution

Please refer to;

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
brad_the_dad
Contributor
Message 90 of 146

Jump to solution

​ - when the new LiveSafe goes from Beta to GA, will it be pushed out promptly as a refresh to my "LiveSafe via Dell" subscription .. or is there more process that will delay rollout to folks who purchased their original (now years old) subscription with their Dell machines?

related question, what would it take to decouple the subscription from "via Dell" and make it a *civilian* subscription? or maybe there *value-added* by keeping the "via Dell" version of the subscriptions?

... I'm getting tired of having to keep re-hiding my QcShm.exe ... apparently, McAfee keeps regenerating binary-same equivalent when it notices it missing

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community