Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 71 of 146

Re: Multiple copies of Quick CLean (Qcshm.exe) running

Jump to solution

Rumours have it that a fix will be forthcoming, but may take a couple of months.  Now whether or not Dell pass on the version with the fix is up to them.

If I were they I would pass it on, but there are no guarantees

truffle
Contributor III
Message 72 of 146

Jump to solution

I would guess that in a couple of months we all be on 15.1, correct?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 73 of 146

Jump to solution

I would hope so 😉

brad_the_dad
Contributor
Message 74 of 146

Jump to solution

I don't know about all this speculation about Dell holding things up or McAfee focusing on the-next-big-release ...

I *originally* got the free Dell version of McAfee LiveSafe with 3 Dell computers, but I've renewed a couple times now -- unifying my machines under a single license -- and the non-Dell Windows 7 machines in my house that I also have covered by this license did not get their code from Dell. So it's hard to imagine that Dell has anything to do with me not having a solution.

​ - Is there any value in me/us trying to open a support ticket (whatever they're called at McAfee) as individual users, instead of having you act as ombudsman for the group? Thx and regards

truffle
Contributor III
Message 75 of 146

Jump to solution

There were people that have this problem that bought directly from Mcafee

brad_the_dad
Contributor
Message 76 of 146

Jump to solution

> There were people that have this problem that bought directly from Mcafee

That was kind of my suspicion / point. I didn't think this problem was unique to Dell

jonno2001
Contributor II
Message 77 of 146

Jump to solution

At the moment the problem doesn't seem to be one type of machine, one type of product, one version of install or related to where it was purchased ... its perhaps just random or awoken due to conflicts with other software or files ??

My version is:

McAfee Internet Security

Version: 14.0

Release Name: 14.0 R11

McAfee Security Center

Version: 15.0

Build: 15.0.2063

Affld: 1045   <<-----------------------

Language: en-us

Last update: 16/12/2016  <<------------ the date mine started creating multiple entries of QcShm.exe

I purchased mine with a card from eBay

Oh, and my pc is an Acer Aspire

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 78 of 146

Jump to solution

Hi Brad,

To answer your last question first, you could of course if you wish contact Support and create a (Service Request)  ​Link is at the bottom of the Community page.  However all of you have helped bring this to our attention that there is indeed a issue.

Having said that, The Devs and Senior Level Engineers are indeed aware of this and are in the process of creating a (Fix) for the  Release 14.0 R11. This is the only available Version/Build to Download off the servers at this time.

As I stated earlier on, we will be updated when the issue in this Build is resolved. I actually have the new Version/15.1 R0 Build 15.1.156 and I am not experiencing this issue. Back in late October-December it was being throttled out randomly.

Hopefully in the near future McAfee will again start throttling it out. However at the moment there are 'Enhancements' being made to the (New Installer). The 15.1 Version has a New (LAM) Scanning engine which is lightweight and enhances performance, as it only scans files when they are accessed. And a few other changes.

I might add that the issues you are experiencing, happens in both the Dell Version/Other third party Providers/and even  the subscription you purchased directly from McAfee.  It is my wish that all is resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you all again for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 79 of 146

Jump to solution

​,

I might add that Ex_Brit is indeed correct in regards to Dell/ISP Providers/Manufacturers tending to (Lag) behind when it comes to your availability of new Builds/Versions, under normal circumstances. As they make the choices of which suite you are provided with.

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
sutieday
Former Member
Message 80 of 146

Jump to solution

Welp, looks like my McAfee Affiliate decided to upgrade users of McAfee Internet Security from version 14 R10 to 14 R11 (McAfee Security Center version 15.0.2063), and now I'm experiencing this issue . Is there anything I can do about it? I've had version R10 for months and all was fine. From the above posts it seems like a fix will be available in months, which is a long time to wait considering this has been reproduced by multiple users. I personally have a lot of RAM, however, I'd rather not waste my PC's limited resources.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community