cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Masa123
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

MS PowerPoint automatically turns down when PC sleeps and McAfee is working back ground

When PC gets to sleep, only the PowerPoint Microsoft 365 is automatically closed. The other MS office applications (word and excel) as well as the internet browsers are properly working when PC sleeps or hibernates. 

None of the temporary files of the works done using MS PowerPoint before PC sleeps are saved. I think this is serious issue for all Microsoft office users.

This incident has started happening probably recent several weeks back. It can be fixed by uninstallation of McAfee product. Therefore, I suspect that McAfee application forces to close the MS PowerPoint with some reasons. 

OS installed in my PC is Windows 10.

Does anyone know if this issue can be fixed by changing any configuration set up in PC or McAfee?

5 Replies
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: MS PowerPoint automatically turns down when PC sleeps and McAfee is working back ground

Hi @Masa123,

McAfee is aware of this issue, we are working on getting it fixed. We kindly request you to access the below article to know more about the issue.

You can't open Microsoft Office apps on Windows when McAfee software is installed 

We will update you once the issue is fixed.

Thanks,
Avinash.

LarsLars
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Re: MS PowerPoint automatically turns down when PC sleeps and McAfee is working back ground

I have been having the exact same issue, but McAfee has told me that no one else has had this problem and it is not them and that it must be something other than their software. But like you I don't have the problem when I uninstall it. I wish they would accept it is them and that I am not the only one having the issue. I hope they step up and fix it soon, but based on past experiences with McAfee I'm not expecting it to be resolved anytime in the near future, if at all.

DaniellaR
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I'm still having this problem as well and I've lost a lot of information and work hours to it. It is really frustrating! 

Marc3
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

This problem has not been resolved. Is anyone working on it?

xin8068844519
Contributor III
Message 6 of 6

I would also like to know it

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community