cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbrea11201
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Do I need the virus protection when connected to a secure server

Do I need to run "Total Protection" and "Secure VPN" while I'm ONLY working on a Day Trading Platform that's connected to a bank/brokerage firm's secure server (TD Ameritrade or Interactive Brokers)? 

To be a profitable Day Trader, you need high internet speed and as much free memory as possible. Latency can be detrimental in securing the best price possible.

2 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 3

Re: Do I need the virus protection when connected to a secure server

Hi @jbrea11201,

Greetings from McAfee.

Even though the PC is connected to a secure server, it is recommended to have an antivirus protection. For optimum performance of the PC, you can run scans when you are not using the day trading program.

Regards,

Krishnamanikandan KS

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

jbrea11201
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Do I need the virus protection when connected to a secure server

Thank you for your quick and helpful response. But I guess I didn't express my thoughts correctly. I have the "Total Protection" and "Secure VPN" installed on my laptop and I keep it running when I'm surfing or working on other apps. As I stated above, latency is an issue when it comes to day trading. Therefore, if I'm connected to my banks/Brokerage servers via the trading platforms on my laptop and not using any other programs, apps or software do I need to have McAfee running in the background?

Thank you in advance for your assistance with my concern.

Regards,

jbrea11201

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community