Did you mean: 
Garry
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

remove McAfee vaults folder

Hallo ,

I still have a McAfee vaults folder on my computer,

in folder: C:\Users\[user]\Documents\McAfee Vaults

and I want to remove it (folder is empty), but Windows does not allow me to do so.

How do I get rid of this folder?

6 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 7

Re: remove McAfee vaults folder

Hi @Garry 

Greetings from McAfee!!!

Please follow below steps and update us.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

Garry
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

hallo @GaneshR ,

thank you for your reply: unfortunately, when following your suggestions, the folder is stil there and cannot be removed.

To make it a bit more complex:  I have 3 djfferent McAfee vault folders and all 3 still exist and cannot be removed: kluizen is the Dutch translation for Vaults

D:\[user]\Documents\McAfee Kluizen

D:\[user]\Documents\McAfee Vaults

C:\Users\[user]\Documents\McAfee Vaults

let me know what do next?

regards

Garry

Garry
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

hallo @GaneshR 

any suggestions to solve the issues?

regards

Garry

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

hallo,

ik raad u aan om met de Nederlands talige klantenservice van Mcafee contact op te nemen.

dit kan telefonisch of per chat met navolgende gegevens;

Telefoon Klantenservice: 020-5040 586 (lokaal tarief) / 0227 507 03 (voor Belgie).

of chat;

https://service.mcafee.com

bereikbaar tijdens werkdagen van 9.00 tot 17.00 uur

zij kunnen met u samen bekijken voor een oplossing.

vriendelijke groeten

MarceloRosa
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

After spending hours looking for a solution, I finally came to this one (which really works).

Open an elevated Command Prompt (as Administrator) and type:
icacls "FULL PATH TO THE FOLDER" /reset /T /C

Example: icacls "C:\Users\DESKTOP123\Documents" /reset /T /C

Hit Enter and you're good! After that, just go to the folder again and remove it. Notice that this command line doesn't delete the folder itself, but it does reset all the NTFS permissions, so that you can do it by ordinary means, such as in File Explorer.

Hope it helps!

wanijsena
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I'm running on Windows 7 and a while back I had McAfee because I didn't know any better at the time. I Uninstalled it and am only left with one folder named McAfee Vaults with nothing in it. I CAN NOT DELETE THIS STUPID ASS FOLDER NO MATTER WHAT I TRY. I've gone into it's properties changing it from read only to not read only just to have it reset back to read only I've changed the owner to admins then myself and back again, still can't delete it. I've even tried going into the registry and deleting just about anything that had McAfee in its description and nothing. I finally gave in and downloaded the McAfee Uninstaller (What sense does that make) let it run and restart my computer to find that stupid ass folder staring me in the face doing the exact same thing it's been doing... not letting me delete its ass. I don't know what else to do besides wiping the whole god forsaken computer and hoping that works. Can anyone help me cause I've just about lost it with this thing.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community