cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 21 of 151

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM

Please put your hand up to allow the techs to get logs of your issue. These needed as noone bar 7 users here are seeing/reporting this.

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 22 of 151

Also having the same issue for over a week by now. Last week Saturday 09/12, my laptop (Acer Aspire E-17) updated itself to the W10 Fall Creators update, and after hours of work, when starting again, the laptop was unable to work again. After checking the system, like few others of you, I found that the issue was created by McAfee mmsshost s/w. At that time, over 99% of CPU was used by the s/w, making impossible to work with the laptop. After many tries, I had the only option to uninstall McAfee. Again, it took ages due to the slowness, but when completed, the laptop ran for 100% at normal speed again.

We are now a week after, and using the laptop again for the 1st time since last week, the problem is still the same (after having re-install the McAfee s/w). See table below just taken a minute ago.

By the way, same process has been covered on my home PC, and NO problems have been seen so far like on the laptop!

When can we expect a solution to this issue?

McAfee issue.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for additional info, yesterday 16/12, the laptop was 100% unusable due to the fact that mmsshost was using as high as 99% of CPU. I just couldn't do anything, even stopping the .exe file or shutdown the laptop in usual mode (no hard reset or so). So I decided to let it run for many hours. After a while, the laptop stopped by itself. When I relauched it, it seemed that the issue was 100% over. No more problem with mmsshost observed with task manager. Did not do/change anything, same local configuration. This morning, restarted the laptop and guess what, again no issue observed.

li_hou
Former Member
Message 23 of 151

I am experiencing a similar problem. MMSSHOST.exe is using 98% CPU. I have McAfee on two of my laptop and one desktop. Only one laptop has this problem. This one is ASUS X550LA; OS: Windows 10 Home x64. Actually I once solved this problem by reinstall McAfee a couple days ago. It works well for like three or four days after reinstall but now the problem comes back.

I think I am going to uninstall for now and wait for the update that can solve it.

Peacekeeper
Message 24 of 151

Thanks for reporting this now 9 users . If you are able put your hand up to assist McAfee support staff in getting logs so they can fix the issue. They have not seen it happen on their Pcs nor have we mods seen it.

guillertor
Former Member
Message 25 of 151

Hello,

Im having the same issue with the process using all my CPU and i found somethings  that may be of use to support.

My computer was running ok until i got my modem changed this week and this started happening.

So i turned off my new modem and put the old one back up and the process with "mcafee management service" went back to normal. I tryed it with the mobile connetion of my cellphone and it worked as well. After it normalizes, i can go back to the new modem and it stays normal.

Im gessing this has to do with some configuration of my new modem. Maybe its not allowing the program through or something.

I hope this helps and you can fix it.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 151

I will pass this on up the Line.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
andrewb
Former Member
Message 27 of 151

Can help but random access as travelling at the moment within Europe

Peacekeeper
Message 28 of 151

OK when you stable in 1 place post back and teh tech will contact you if he needs more thanks

flyfisher6
Former Member
Message 29 of 151

Please add my name to your growing list of users experiencing this same issue. My Windows 10 64-bit PC (with all latest updates, including Creator's update) Task Manager shows >= 50% CPU used by MMSSHOST.exe.

Please provide a fix ASAP!

Peacekeeper
Message 30 of 151

I know this is a broken record but Mcafee needs more users to allow logging of the issue. 3 if possible are the best.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community