Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 51 of 151

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM

I will forward your request to the Tier 2.5 techs.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 52 of 151

Thanks that is now 2/3 users

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 53 of 151

Just an other one: still having the issue here on my laptop. Today was even worse than before.

What I did those last couple of days, is to wait and see without much success however, tried about 3 to 4 times the last couple of days is the following:

when having the issue, I just try to restart the laptop (not shut down), when able to do it (clicking on Start, Power and Restart can take ages!), I just wait for about 15 to 20 minutes before logging in again, and then the laptop works again with the McAfee Management Service Host not even in the top CPU usage.

I just ried this step right now and no issue any longer with mmsshost.exe

Peacekeeper
Message 54 of 151

Thanks a tedious workaround but if it works use it till they find the cause. Strangely so far no support staff or mods have seen this happen mine stable and 0%

joelteh
Contributor
Message 55 of 151

I have the same issues for my laptop, please i need help asap.

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 56 of 151

Hello, Good morning from The Netherlands. To confirm my previous post (nr 52), and from last Monday 25/12, I have used the same technic so far : every day from then till this morning I just open the laptop and leave it still (without logging in from the Windows screen) for about 20 to 30mn and guess what, every time  after that delay I am then able to login and looking at the mmsshost.exe, it runs very low. I am then able to use the laptop the full day without any problems.

Just an exception to this rule, this Friday morning, and just to check this workaround on my Acer laptop E17, I tried to login from the windows screen after just about 10mn and guess what : the laptop hanged-up immediately with an mmsshost at >85% of CPU. I then shutdown the laptop, waited about 10mn again and when restarting it, I applied the same procedure as described above. I was and still able to run it and write this note without any issue.

Not sure what the problem is but it looks like when starting Windows and McAfee simultaneously, a conflict raises which requires 20/30mn before stabilizing (anyway I am not the expert but if this can help!).

Peacekeeper
Message 57 of 151

Thanks will pass on. Done so to tech working on this issue.

Peacekeeper
Message 58 of 151

I had asked before but got minimal replies.

Can you post

1. operating system

2.PC specs cpu/ram

# McAfee product and version

4 Affid number it is in the about link.

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 59 of 151

System

• Laptop                 Acer Aspire E17
  • System Model     E5- 731- P5XT
  • System Type      x64-based PC
  • Processor           Intel(R) Pentium(R) 3556U @ 1.70GHz, 1701 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
  • Installed RAM    4.00 GB
  • OS Name            Microsoft Windows 10 Home
  • Version                10.0.16299 Build 16299

McAfee Total Protection

• Version                16.0
  • Release name   16.0.R6

McAfee Security Center

• Version                16.6
  • Build                     16.6.149
  • Affid                     0
  • Language            en-gb
  • Last update        19-Dec-17
Peacekeeper
Message 60 of 151

Thanks so that answers if this only on partner supplied software ie from Dell or similar yours is from McAfee. What it shows is other than low ram and cpu power everything re software and OS is the same as me. See what the others say.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community