cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 101 of 151

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM

Selvan, I have replied to you using the direct mail address you sent me on Jan 30th. Please confirm we can continue that way in order to help solving this issue.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 102 of 151

@besoindaide wrote:

Selvan, I have replied to you using the direct mail address you sent me on Jan 30th. Please confirm we can continue that way in order to help solving this issue.

I have replied to your message on how to take this forward. Thanks for your time

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 103 of 151

Selvan, we still have a comm issue here. Effectively you sent me the private message asking for specific support. The problem is that you did it via a "No Reply" message (which I did not see and therefore sometimes later the mailing replied with "message could not be delivered"!. If we want to communicate privately in order to not bother the rest of the world, I need to have a working mail address in order to communicate with you.

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 104 of 151

@selvan, the message I posted yestertay evening was: "

Just to confirm, I have now three logs, 2 of them are about 90MB but the last one is >650MB.

The issue is that all of them ran when the laptop was active again. When the laptop is hanging, the logcollect s/w does not start. It will then be difficult to analyze the collected logs.

I would like to start again from a clean status tomorrow morning and see how it goes with the collection of data.

I will post you the collected new logs if any. You will have to tell me how.

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 105 of 151

@selvan, Ok this morning, at 08:30 local time, I just wanted to restart the laptop and Log Collect process and guess what, I just could not log in. The Laptop was hanging up not allowing me to type in my password, I had to close and restart 3 times (allowing over 20/25mn between the sessions, hoping that it will start) before (and after exactly 65mn) I was able to log in again. I am now collecting the log number 4.

torshia
Contributor
Message 106 of 151

Having the same issue here on my laptop.  Mcafee Management service host was using 90% of my cpu.  I did a system restore on my laptop as this only started happening after my computer installed the latest windows updates.  System restore fixed the problem until my computer automatically installed the windows updates again. Can i say GRRRR lol. Went to do another system restore and something has mucked up and no restore points were created >.<.  So i uninstalled mcafee. Problem solved. Reinstalled yesterday and was working perfectly. Today after booting up its back to the same problem, although its now hovering at 75 % of using  my cpu.

So is this problem linked to the last windows 10 updates? Looking for any other things l can try.

Happy to provide logs for Mcafee if you tell me what you need and how to get them.

Very annoying and off to uninstall yet again.

torshia
Contributor
Message 107 of 151

Jvandeven, l think you have a point. Its a windows/mcafee interaction thing? My issues only started after the latest windows update installed on my computer. A system restore fixed it but the updates have installed again >.< and no restore points were created.
torshia
Contributor
Message 108 of 151

Ok, weird observation thats just happened to mine.  Laptop was put on aircraft mode.  Switched back to norrmal, and l have a fix. mmsshost is showing 0% of cpu as i type this. Don't know why that seems to have stopped the cpu hogging but if its a repeatable fix, i will take that for now. Although makes no logic sense to me?

zegbon
Contributor
Message 109 of 151

Hi,

I had the same problem for some days. My automatically prolonged abonnement is expiring in 4 days. I was tired of the heath and the noise, so I decided to stop my abonnement and I switched off the automatic prolongation. Immediately, allmost simultaneously , the CPU consumption went down and the problem ceased to exist.

Could there be a clue to cure the problem? Or was it just coincidence?

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 110 of 151

I have shared the logs which besoindaide  provided. I will post here as soon as I gather the outcome of log analysis.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community