cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inteluser
Contributor
Message 91 of 151

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM

you could also help by sending the memory dumps, im gonna be doing it. Waiting for help doesn't mean not giving a hand.

Thanks.

inteluser
Contributor
Message 92 of 151

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM [SOLUTION?]

Okay I have been using my laptop under no issues as I have deactivated my Real-Time Scanning in the virus menu. Of couse, I am NOT PROTECTED BY "McAFee".

But, it works minus the fact that my laptop will get a virus. Considering if you are a smart and amatuer user on the Internet and not doing stupid stuff like, ie: click on untrusted links, download stuff from piratebay, believing your stupid friend when they hand you an USB, etc.

Mods, thank you for posting the steps to send the memory dumps to you but seriously, couldn't you even notify which Windows that the steps are for? I can't even find My Computer (sounds stupid , i know) at the start menu. Like fking seriously.

Please, be crystal clear. I'm a little bit closer to just uninstalling this piece of thing and move on to others. I have been reading reviews about paid antivirus software and free ones. You know what I am talking about..

A TRIGGERED user.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 93 of 151

Am looking for a Volunteer who is willing to perform the steps in my reply dated 2-Jan-2018
besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 94 of 151

That's great to know that, but meanwhile we do not see any posts/comments around this issue that is still not solved. So McAfee is just waiting, while getting straight our money when we buy the s/w, and that's all. Just a crazy situation. I am not sure when you are located in the world, but sure there must be someone from McAfee being able to visit one of your customers if you can't figure out what the problem is!

inteluser
Contributor
Message 95 of 151

Oh yeah, I saw this video on a day ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKgf5PaBzyg

This is the reason why McAfee don't give **bleep** towards us, making sense to ask us to fk off and use other A/V software.

Thanks. But I'm hopeless now.

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 96 of 151

Just read the messages below (Selvan asking for support from McAfee users). I got a personal request which I answered positively on the sane day 30/01/2018. We are now 2 weeks further and NO reply at all. I made my choice by now, I have payed the s/w for over a year, but when this will end, I will definitively switch over to an other supplier. No matters what happen right now. I have been working for a major US Technical Company for over 30 years, but we/I never treated the customer that way. Let's them collapse.

--------------------------------------------------

Date: 01-30-2018 07:32 AM

To: besoindaide

Hello besoindaide,

You have received a private message in the McAfee Support Community community.

MMSSHOST.ex high CPU usage regarding

Hi Am Selvan from Tech Support. I'd like to collect logs from your PC so that we can continue our investigation on this issue. The logs are basically McAfee and Windows related events which will be collect using McAfee log collection tool (Mclogcollect). For more details on the process see https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?articleId=TS101980 Regards Selvan Tier 2.5 Technician

To:  selvan

Sent: ‎01-30-2018 08:58 AM

Read: ‎01-30-2018 01:39 PM

Ignore

Re: MMSSHOST.ex high CPU usage regarding

Hi Selvan.

Looks quite complex but why not trying it. I will read the document very carefully to see if I need other instructions/help. One thing you need to remember is that as soon as I start the Laptop, after a few sec/min, it will hang-up as per the issue discribed in this forum. It means that applying the steps of the given process will be slow if they run at all. You also must tell me who and how the data will be collected as I am not 100% free here (The Netherlands). Give me please some more notes about the process if you can. That should help.

Paul C (Jan 30,2018 @ 17:57)

jackmaddison5
Contributor
Message 97 of 151

having the same problem. Using 93% of my CPU. Am happy to help but dont know a lot about computers so be nice about it. just need this fixed as its making my laptop almost impossible to use. PLEASE HELP

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 98 of 151

Hi 

The general process is simply enabling the log collection > recreating the issue > Stopping log collection

the next step is to wait for the logs to be created on the Desktop (usually takes less than an hour) and the final step is to transfer these logs to us. The transfer is directly dependent on your Internet Upload speed.

So the entire process might take ~2-3 hours. If you are okay with this I will reach out to you by email and start the process. 

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 99 of 151

Hi Selvan, I am trying already the full day by starting the laptop when mmsshost is using most of the CPU rate and guess what, I just can't run the app you ask me to use to collect logs. Everytime, as soon as I click on the app to start it, I got a white transparent screen and after a few seconds/sometimes minutes, I got a Windows little screen saying that the application does not start and if I want to terminate it! Currently on my screen I see that mmsshost is almost using most of the CPU ewith only a very few other apps.

I am again restarting the laptop and try again till something works..

besoindaide
Contributor II
Message 100 of 151

Hi, using my second PC to write this memo. I was able to start the app and I got immediately a small screen saying McTrace wasn't able to start Xpertlogging, error code returned -2147024713 (cannot create a file when this file already exists!!!! Do you want to continue trace I say YES.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community