cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewb
Former Member
Message 31 of 151

Re: mmsshost.exe is using 77% of RAM

I booted my laptop this morning using wireless (wifi) for connection to the internet and the problem is not showing.  Previously I had been using wired ethernet connection and always seeing the problem.

Sorry still without time but did find something this morning. Hoping to be more static on Tuesday.

Peacekeeper
Message 32 of 151

Out of interest what affid numbers are you are showing? Also post the actual Mcafee product to see if I can see anything common .

Affid number in the about option

sarav
Former Member
Message 33 of 151

I have the same problem since yesterday evening. I shut my laptop down hoping this morning it wouldn't be like this. But again MMSShost is using 75 cpu. My laptop usually never makes this much noice, it is very annoying. I have a HP Envy laptop with intel core i7 and NVIDIA GEFORCE graphic card.

Please solve this problem ! The noice and heat is driving me crazy while working...

Knipsel.JPG

flyfisher6
Former Member
Message 34 of 151

It would be incredibly helpful if somebody from McAfee Support would post steps to debugging or tracing their product (mmsshost.exe especially), so we could submit/upload error logs or debugging/trace logs!

Peacekeeper
Message 35 of 151

That is why I am asking for hands up Mcafee usually gathers the logs themselves during a remote session though if you fell capable of doing so yourself and placing the logs somewhere they can access them ask and I will see if they can give you the tools. You would need to run the tools for a while or at least till the issue happens.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 36 of 151

We have been discussing this issue for sometime now. I would think in my personal opinion, that McAfee Tier 2.5 engineers would prefer to collect logs themselves. I will personally mention your name on Monday. I first noticed this new Process when 16.0.4 was released, and mentioned it in our Call.. However I do not experience any issues. I/We will update you after the Conference Call.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
inteluser
Contributor
Message 37 of 151

Hi, I have received a call from McAfee about a McAfee toll free number. Since I have volunteered to pass up my logs, is it necessary to call the number?

It will be better if you can post a thread about the ways of  sending logs to you guys so that more users would be able to help together. Its unnecessary paperwork for each user who are facing this problem to call to McAfee. Killing 2 birds with one stone, post a thread please.

Peacekeeper
Message 38 of 151

You guys we here are users like yourself unpaid slaves .We will ask the tech on the call tomorrow. To log you do need access to Mctrace or another tool and run it until you see the issue.

flyfisher6
Former Member
Message 39 of 151

I noticed after rebooting my PC yesterday that the mmsshost.exe process no longer consumes most of the CPU. The McUICnt.exe process ("McAfee") is consuming about 15% CPU, and mmsshost.exe is down to 0% CPU. I'm seeing the same thing on my laptop, both have McAfee Total Protection, release 16.0.5 installed. So I'm wondering if a recent update in the last day or two has fixed the problem, or if the mmsshost.exe has a memory-leak and starts consuming CPU after some up-time, or after one or more scheduled daily scans. Anyway, for now, the problem is solved on my PC and laptop, without me doing anything except rebooting. But I'll post another update to this forum thread if it re-surfaces.

Peacekeeper
Message 40 of 151

We will ask in our mod call starting in 60 mins. If we hear anything will post here

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community