Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
magicbob
Contributor II
Message 1 of 5

Vulnerability scanner

Jump to solution

How do I prevent this from automatically scanning?

Bob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Re: Vulnerability scanner

Jump to solution

That surprises me.  Then your best approach would be to contact Technical Support vie THIS link.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Open McAfee interface.  Assuming you have the new blue and white interface, click the PC Security tab and then look at the bottom and you will see Application Updates, click that.  Then click Scheduled Scan Settings to expand.

Scroll down to where you can turn it off.  Don't forget to click Apply then close the application.

(Click image to magnify)

Capture.JPG

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Discussion successfully moved from Community Support to Vulnerability Scanner

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
magicbob
Contributor II
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response exbrit. When I open the vulnerability scanner dialogue, there is a line near the top that says "Next Scheduled Scan: None". In the vulnerability scanner settings under "scheduled scan settings" I have the "Do not set a scan schedule" button selected. The vulnerability scanner still runs every now and then, not sure how often, but at least every week.

Bob

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

That surprises me.  Then your best approach would be to contact Technical Support vie THIS link.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community