cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minsc
Former Member
Message 1 of 14

Vulnerability Scanner Issue

Why is Vulnerability Scanner telling me on a daily basis that it has done a scan and that my machine is up to date, when I have 'Don't set a scan schedule' ticked?

I'm running version 5.0 build 5.0.128 on a Windows 7 SP1 machine.

13 Replies
minsc
Former Member
Message 2 of 14

Re: Vulnerability Scanner Issue

Anyone?!

sivasubramanian
Message 3 of 14

@Steve Reeve

Does it shows any date in Next Scheduled Scan under Vulnerability Scanner screen.  If it shows then please check the settings once again and disable it.  It will show the Next scheduled scan as "None" if Don't set a scan schedule is selected. 

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
minsc
Former Member
Message 4 of 14

Already says 'None'

Thinking about it, it doesn't happen daily, more like weekly. And playing about with the schedule just showed me that weekly is the most frequent you can have it run automatically.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 14

As   says also try setting a scan run it then disable the scheduled scan saving after each setting

minsc
Former Member
Message 6 of 14

Yeah, it worked! Then there was a update to Internet Security (15.0.2061) bringing Vulnerability Scanner up to version 5.0.2055 on Thursday night, and the problem started again at 5.00am Friday (the default time if you have scans scheduled). Maybe the 'enabling a scan schedule->saving->disabling->saving' method will work again, but there is a recurrent issue here that needs to be addressed that has reared its head once again due to an update.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 14

Thanks for the update I have not noticed this but then scheduled scan is on. I will test it and have added this to our Moderator call agenda for Monday.

minsc
Former Member
Message 8 of 14

Serendipity, that the update was on Thursday evening, and I was still on at 5am Friday, which is the default time to check for updates. It appears the program is ignoring the 'Don't set a scan schedule' option unless you first enable a schedule, save, disable again and save.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 14

As Colleague Peacekeeper mentioned, we will be discussing this Monday during our Conference Call. I am certain PK will get back to you afterwards.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
minsc
Former Member
Message 10 of 14

And......?!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community