cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveK45
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

VPN and conflicts with Win 10-Win11

If I use VPN on my cable account (Spectrum) I go from 480Mbs to 90Mbs.  Never any other numbers.

Sometimes it happens as soon as I turn it on ... other times it happens a few minutes after VPN is connected.

2nd question - I have tried for a week using every method I can think of to connect a Win 10 machine and a Windows 11 machine.  Either one or the other just gives me a msg that the other computer is not on the network - both show the same workgroup - both are set to private - If I try to trust the other I get - that pc is not on the network.  The Win 11 machine will show up on both pcs - the Win 10 machine will not show up on either.

2 Replies
AvinashP
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: VPN and conflicts with Win 10-Win11

Hi @DaveK45,

1. The drop in internet speed is a usual behaviour when accessing internet using VPN. However, the difference is high here. We would like to know if you have tried selecting any virtual locations or the fastest available connection on the software.

2. Please ensure that the network you connect to on both the PC's are trusted.

Please clarify the above mentioned data to assist you further.

Thanks,
Avinash.

xin8068844519
Contributor III
Message 3 of 3

Re: VPN and conflicts with Win 10-Win11

Thanks for the info. Now I understand why it happened.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community