cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dishmantex
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Quickclean in LiveSafe

I only want Quickclean to run at 4 AM in the morning.  I've set the schedule.  But Quickclean runs multiple times for Firefox and Chrome every evening.  What's wrong?

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Quickclean in LiveSafe

Moved this to Quickclean and Shredder for better exposure.

Not sure why that is if you have the Schedule set as it should be.  I would open a case with Technical Support.

Free by phone or online chat and you can ask for escalation if at first they can't sort it out.

See link below.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Contact Support

Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

I should have mentioned that it would do no harm and possibly do good to run the Virtual Technician first:  https://mvt.mcafee.com/

Sometimes it will fix whatever ails the software.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 4

I have found and a couple others also that schedule setting in QC seems to start 5 hrs early and then rerun at set time. I would definately reort this to support reinstalling does not fix it in case they ask you to and the thread re this is

https://community.mcafee.com/message/393027

I bug reported it in the beta bug area as I run the Mcafee beta product but to date no fix.

No harm in running the MVT program as Peter suggested it might be another issue that MVT fixes

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community