cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silkysmooth
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

QuickClean will not open

I have Windows 7 Home Premium, Internet Explorer 9.0,and McAfee Security Center 11.0. McAfee QuickClean tool will not open. Clicking on QuickClean does nothing.

6 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 7

Re: QuickClean will not open

Are you sure it is installed. Does it say so?

Have you had installed another scanner or firewall?

Run the MVT program and see if it finds anything

http://service.mcafee.com/MVT.aspx?MVT=1&&lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Hi there,

Can you click on About from withing your security center and let us know some additional information

McAfee Security Center

Affid :

Since when do you have this issue with McAfee Quick clean not responding ?

Do you recall any update that occurred to McAfee programs recently .

silkysmooth
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

I started having this issue on 12/16/11 which either that day or the day before was the first time I used the QuickClean tool. It opened up when I clicked on the first couple of times I tried it and even started and cleaned my PC. I think I used it twice during that time period before it wouldn't open by clicking on it. McAfee Tier 2 Customer Support told me this morning this is a known issue with McAfee and research team is working on it. They collected some logs from my computer and said they will call me back.

Message was edited by: silkysmooth on 12/20/11 11:26:00 AM CST

Message was edited by: silkysmooth on 12/20/11 11:26:41 AM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

We have another thread on the same subject here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/41826?tstart=0

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

Well - it works for me in Win 7 SP1 x64 at least.  I cross-referenced that other thread with this one and I see Dinesh (Dinz) has posted there, he's an expert, so he will no doubt see this one too now.

silkysmooth
Former Member
Message 7 of 7

All,

I contacted McAfee Technical Support for this issue. The first time I contacted them on Dec. 16th, the technician who took control of my PC after uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee Security Center told me I would need to contact Microsoft and have them fix something that would correct the issue with McAfee. That is why I turned to the McAfee Community for help. However, I contacted McAfee Technical Support again on Dec. 20th. That time the technician escalated my case to their Tier2 Team. This time the technician told me this is a known issue with McAfee and among some of the things they did to try to fix the issue they collected some logs from my PC to research the problem. Finally on Dec. 30th, Naveen Kumar with McAfee Team2.5 fixed this issue for me. He said it had something to do with Firefox. I am puzzled by that because even though I have Firefox installed on my PC, I am using Internet Explorer 8 as my default browser. Whatever the reason for the problem, the good news is that I can open the McAfee QuickClean tool now and it is working.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community