cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 23

Re: Quick Clean in McAfee LifeSafe - deletes important Chrome data, no way to disable

Jump to solution

Ok I rarely use it especially never the registry clean

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 23

Re: Quick Clean in McAfee LifeSafe - deletes important Chrome data, no way to disable

Jump to solution

I do not either, I hope the users choose not to as well.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 23

Jump to solution

It shouldn't be running automatically.  Of course it is possible that it's some other aspect of the software that is at fault.

That's why I think it best to have Technical Support's advice on this.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 23

Jump to solution

OK...It seems that it comes pre-set by default when it upgrades to 16.3, at least on my set-up. I have not changed any settings, and never had a scheduled scan. I remember the first time I saw a prompt. This is why I have brought it to Mark/Doug's attention.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 15 of 23

Jump to solution

yes. it's happened (automatic start) several weeks ago and wasn't an issue before. In settings I see 'Shredder' is turned on, but no option to disable it. When I click it the only option is to clean some folder...

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 16 of 23

Jump to solution

Could you please share the Version of Mcafee and the Build of Mcafee QuickClean and Shredder installed on the PC?

The settings for the Quick clean should provide option to customize it. By default all the browsers installed on the computer are cleaned.

However you should be able to choose the locations and items that you want Mcafee QuickClean to clean. It also provides the option to choose, what to clean in each of the Browsers.

Cheers

Sanjay S

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 17 of 23

Jump to solution

McAfee LifeSafe 16.0.3

McAfee Quickclean and Shredder 16.3, Build 16.3.168, last update 8/23/2017

McAfee Security Center 16.3, build 16.3.163

McAfee VirusScan 20.3

McAfee Personal Firewall 17.3

McAfee Vulnerability Scanner 6.3

I don't have separate Quickclean options - it's managed from LifeSafe Settings and may be this is the problem.

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 18 of 23

Jump to solution

vadim@sukhomlinov.ru

My PC has the same version and build.

After you open Mcafee Livesafe, under the "Home" Tab at the bottom right corner you should see "remove cookie and trackers" please click on it it should pop up a seperate window with options to change Settings and Schedule for Quick clean.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 19 of 23

Jump to solution

Sanjay, this is what I see in that separate window. I don't have option for Settings and Schedule.

Clipboard01.jpg

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 20 of 23

Jump to solution

This is the “Result” screen that you see after Quick clean has finished cleaning. Click on “Done” and then navigate to “Home” tab on the main security centre interface and click on "Remove cookie and trackers"

Cheers

Sanjay

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community