Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathandodd
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Need Suggestions For Windows10

Jump to solution

Hello friends. I am posting this for a need. I have been suffering from the "Driver_IRQL_Less_Or_Not_Equal Windows 10 Blue Screen error" for the last couple of days. At present, I am using McAfee. I did a Google search and found this. There mentioned a point that may be the culprit is the "Firewall" and should I turn it off. Guys, can I follow the process mentioned there?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 6

Re: Need Suggestions For Windows10

Jump to solution

Hi @Nathandodd ,

Greetings from McAfee.

If you suspect McAfee firewall causing the problem, you can temporally uninstall McAfee and check Performance. If you still encounter error after Mcafee uninstalled, Contact your system manufacturer for rollback, disable or uninstall drivers recently installed on your computer. Kindly refer the below article to uninstall and reinstall Mcafee.

For any further assistance, Contact McAfee Consumer support

How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows

How to download and install McAfee consumer products

Regards,

Kumar

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Nathandodd ,

Greetings from McAfee.

If you suspect McAfee firewall causing the problem, you can temporally uninstall McAfee and check Performance. If you still encounter error after Mcafee uninstalled, Contact your system manufacturer for rollback, disable or uninstall drivers recently installed on your computer. Kindly refer the below article to uninstall and reinstall Mcafee.

For any further assistance, Contact McAfee Consumer support

How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows

How to download and install McAfee consumer products

Regards,

Kumar

Nathandodd
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks for replying. You are right. Antivirus was the main culprit.

julianord
Contributor II
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

@Nathandodd wrote:

Hello friends. I am posting this for a need. I have been suffering from the "Driver_IRQL_Less_Or_Not_Equal Windows 10 Blue Screen error" for the last couple of days. At present, I am using McAfee. I did a Google search and found this. There mentioned a point that may be the culprit is the "Firewall" and should I turn it off. Guys, can I follow the process mentioned there?

Hi there! Have you changed your antivirus? Did the problem reappear?

xin8068844519
Contributor III
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi there, Apps that use your laptop camera, or webcam, might not work correctly if the Firewall blocks them. For example, you might be unable to use video conferencing apps such as zoom or the video conferencing apps. So there may be some driver which can cause this. Regarding firewall you can configure it in the permission list and it will be resolved.

fareanywhere
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

@ fareanywhere Thanks for the information, I am also looking for this...

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community