cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hajjsv
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

My code is getting quarantined by McAfee

Hey I am new to coding and i need your help, whenever i run my simple C++ code in VsCode all the .exe file got quarantined by McAfee antivirus, I tried to exclude this but whenever I debug a file the hellowolrd.exe gets update and it again get removed by antivirus what to do, I tried to turn off real time scanning but still I have to practice many hours and I can't turn off more than a hour

Should I  switch to another antivirus?

1 Reply
Magesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: My code is getting quarantined by McAfee

Hi @Hajjsv 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Whenever you debug the file it gets updated and as the real time scan feature protects 24/7 the files will be quarantined as this is an expected behavior. 

We suggest you to disable real time protection for time being and during at that time avoid downloading suspicious files to the device. Also try excluding helloworld.exe and all of its related files to the Real time scan exception and check issue status. 

You can  also choose the real time protection to be disabled for a certain period of time.

Please refer the below article that has more information on how to exclude files on real time scan exception.

How to exclude files from virus scans on Windows or macOS 

Regards

Magesh J

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community