Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 41 of 146

Re: Multiple copies of Quick CLean (Qcshm.exe) running

Jump to solution

​,

So it does include subscriptions purchased directly from McAfee as well. Thank you for your input.  May I ask if your Version/Build is 15.1.156, or the prior version?

Note: I see that it indeed does occur with the (Affld #0)...

Thank you,

Cliff/Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
zgrayfox
Former Member
Message 42 of 146

Jump to solution

Cliff,

My Versions are below - they match those in your inquiry...

McAfee SecurityCenter

Version 14.0

Release Name: 14.0.R11

McAfee SecurityCenter

Version: 15.0

Build: 15.0.2063

Affld: 105-592

Last Update: 1/8/2017

McAfee QuickClean and Shredder

Version 15.0

Build: 15.0.2049

Last update: 12/26/2016

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 43 of 146

Jump to solution

​,

Thank you also for your invaluable input. It helps immensely in Isolating the issue. Especially since now it seems that it is presenting itself in both the Most (Current) Version/Build...regardless if it is provided from a 'Third Party'/or McAfee itself.

Please know that I will inform/update everyone on what the Senior Level Engineers have to say, following our Conference Call on Monday 1/9/2017.

Again thanks to everyone for your input,

Sincerely,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 44 of 146

Jump to solution

One last question...It may be that a Technician/Engineer may be required to 'Remote In' and compile some logs in a effort to help resolve this issue. Would all that is effected by this, be willing to allow such. No personal information will be gathered, as I can sincerely attest to.

Regards,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 45 of 146

Jump to solution

Unfortunately there's so much going on at the moment I doubt I'd be able to find time for remote access. Hopefully things might settle down but I can't be sure.  Also wanted to add my AffId is 105 and my Build Versions are identical to the ones included in your previous post.

smartcat
Contributor II
Message 46 of 146

Jump to solution

Yes It is directly from McAfee

McAfee SecurityCenter

Version: 15.0

Build: 15.0.2063

Affld: 0

Last Update: 1/6/2017

truffle
Contributor III
Message 47 of 146

Jump to solution

My system is setup to not allow "Remote In" for security reasons.  I would rather not go un-doing everything.  In there any reason I could not download the app so I could gather the logs.

jonno2001
Contributor II
Message 48 of 146

Jump to solution

Understandably most people are cautious of 'Remote In' connections, even from know sources, its what the we're told to control by the likes of McAfee all of the time.

Although there are perhaps only a handful of people within this forum mentioning the issue, there will undoubtedly be 1000's more out there with the issue, even if they don't look in Process Explorer so won't know it ... or perhaps they reboot their machine everyday etc ... so surely McAfee labs must have a least 1 machine with this same leak ??

Why does it need a Forum Moderator such as catdaddy (your work and connections within McAfee are invaluable, mind), to have to escalate the problem, why hasn't McAfee informed users of the issue and affected a fix yet themselves ?

There's just no way that Mondays conference call aught to be the first they know of the issue, this has been happening since the last update around 16th December (for me anyhow)

Ok, evening rant over ... I'll be interested in their response and speed to fix the issue after the call 

jonno2001
Contributor II
Message 49 of 146

Jump to solution

Ummmm, something's strange here ...

I've go Access Protection 'ON' ... but had the QcShm.exe file changed to old, and that's been like that for a few days now, and no additional entries have been generated in Process Explorer,

yet just checking now, and there were 11 entries of QcShm.exe in Process Explorer ??  

When I check in folder, C:\Program Files\McAfee\MQS my QcShm.exe.old is still there, but today it has created a fresh new file of QcShm.exe in addition !!

Clearly, either McAfee software is trying to protect itself (or rebuild itself automatically) or McAfee have sent an update to ensure the file is always true  ???

Ummmm, suspicious activity me thinks

truffle
Contributor III
Message 50 of 146

Jump to solution

Actually if you look at the beginning of this thread, you will see that

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community