cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AceH
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

McAfee Total Protection Quick Clean

I have McAfee Total Protection with the latest update.  When I booted up my computer this morning a message about McAfee Quick Clean popped up so I proceeded to do the quick clean.  McAfee Quick Clean removed all my Google Chrome bookmarks image icons leaving the generic image icons.  I noticed some of the image icons will come back when you click on a website.  However I have a LOT of bookmarks and it's not practical to go through each and every one to get back the image icon.  Is there an easier way to get all the image icons back?  Had I known it would do this, I would have NEVER run that DARN McAfee Quick Clean!   GEEZ!!!

6 Replies
jaylee
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: McAfee Total Protection Quick Clean

This happens to me too!!! I thought i was the only one, maybe they'll fix it or something.

AceH
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

jaylee,

Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one with this problem.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

You should always check Quickclean's settings first very carefully before running a scan as once those objects are deleted, that's final.

They can't be restored except by a complete uninstall/reinstall of Chrome.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Discussion successfully moved from General Discussion to QuickClean and Shredder

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
AceH
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

How can I disable or uninstall McAfee Shredder?  We use to have the option to install the program which I usually do not install.  I don't like it and don't want it.  It keeps popping up asking me to shred.  I've been a loyal McAfee user since 1997, but if I don't have control to disable or uninstall certain programs McAfee installs I will have to find another security application.

Below is my original post to this topic:

"I have McAfee Total Protection with the latest update.  When I booted up my computer this morning a message about McAfee Quick Clean popped up so I proceeded to do the quick clean.  McAfee Quick Clean removed all my Google Chrome bookmarks image icons leaving the generic image icons.  I noticed some of the image icons will come back when you click on a website.  However I have a LOT of bookmarks and it's not practical to go through each and every one to get back the image icon.  Is there an easier way to get all the image icons back?  Had I known it would do this, I would have NEVER run that DARN McAfee Quick Clean!   GEEZ!!!"

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

It can't be disabled and that selective installation choice has been removed, however if it is constantly popping up to remind you of something then I suspect that maybe it was set to start at some stage and was interrupted.

Or there may be a task in the Windows Task Scheduler that needs to be turned off.

Either way Technical Support needs to take a look as it shouldn't be reminding you like that.

Contact Support

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community