cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerry2
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Is There a Log File for QuickClean?

I schedule QuickClean to run at a specific time.  Is there a Log I can access to confirm it was run? I use Vista Home Premium. Thanks, Jerry 1/28/12

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is There a Log File for QuickClean?

I'm afraid not.  No logs of objects removed that are readable by the user exist.

There is however SecurityCenter's overall log report which would give you a summary of what the last Quickclean sweep did.

Open SecurityCenter

On the Home screen click 'View Reports'.

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/01/12 7:09:28 EST AM
jerry2
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the return and your information.  Two questions. 1. My power options are set for the Sleep mode.  I schedule my McAfee Virus Scan and it seems to wake from the Sleep mode and does a scan at the scheduled time.  At least the Log file shows it scanning the same scheduled time each week, which is twice a week.  The best I can tell a scheduled QuickClean does not wake from the sleep mode.  Is that correct?  And, if so, is there a setting I can make to have QuickClean wake from the Sleep mode and perform its function? 2. Being a new user to the Forum, when I revisit the Forum and look for my post under Discussions, I can’t seem to find it, although I do find it under Your Stuff.  Also, should new posts be put under Discussions or All Content? Jerry 1/29/12

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

I believe that is correct, a QC scan wont wake the computer, in other words it wont happen if it's scheduled for when the machine is sleeping.

Finding a discussion of yours is easy enough by clicking on your user name then 'jerry8c's stuff' or 'Your Stuff' on any page or if you know where it is it's at the top of Quickclean Discussions right now.

(Click to enlarge)

Capture.JPG

You can personalise your home page too.  Tutorials here:  https://community.mcafee.com/community/help/getting_started?view=documents

jerry2
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Yes, I know I can find my posts under Your Stuff.  However, the reason I was asking that question is how do other people who may be interested in your comments find my posts and follow-up?  I saw my original post in the Discussion forum, but could not find it in the follow-ups.  Also, can you tell me how to edit or delete a post? Thanks, Jerry

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

They can use the search bar at the top right of the page.  The software thast hosts these forums isn't the friendliest I'm afraid but the choice was McAfee's and we are stiuck with it.

You can edit or delete posts using the buttons at the bottom right of an individual post or the right of the main discussion if you wish to delete the whole thing....howver deletion only works for a thread if it hasn't been replied to yet.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community