Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 81 of 86

Re: Error attempting to Shred a SINGLE file

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I know there is a work around; however, this issue has been lurching towards a resolution by McAfee since July last year.  If you include the time I spent with MS 3rd line tech support in 'proving that it was a Total Protection issue', it originated on 14 May 2017.

As I said to Siddhartha, I'll soon be posting a message here celebrating it's first birthday, including an emoji of a 'birthday cake with a single candle' on it!

Peacekeeper
Message 82 of 86

Jump to solution

LOL it is not near 1 year yet . Though 29 may is not that far away

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 83 of 86

Jump to solution

I’ve just been updated to Total Protection v16.0.R8; this issue still has not been resolved.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 84 of 86

Jump to solution

My contact at McAfee believes the fix for this issue will be released in the next update of Total Protection, due in early March 2018.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 85 of 86

Jump to solution

With the release of Total Protection v16.0.R9 this issue has finally been resolved!!

siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 86 of 86

Jump to solution

We are glad to know with latest McAfee release v16.0.R9 the issue got resolved. We will mark this discussion as resolved such that other peers might get benefitted from the solution. 

Regards,
Siddhartha.R
McAfee Tier 2.5 Technician

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community