You may find this link helpful in your investigation -
This is the equivalent thread I'm running on Microsoft's Community forum
I reviewed the support session under SR 484570-2236782076 that you posted. I would like to clarify the below
1. The Temp directory is on a separate drive partition and not on the Local disk where Windows install resides. This may be an issue because the System may not have permissions on this Drive Partition.
2. Is your Windows 10 a Retail copy or the Insider Preview build. If it is the later then it is possible that CU for Windows 10 might have a change that caused this issue.
1. Yes, the 'Windows Temporary Directory' IS on a separate partition. It is a single-user PC and I ALWAYS access with 'Administrator's' permissions.
2. I'm running a retail version of Windows 10 Pro, currently Windows 10 v1703 (Build 15063.332)
Sorry missed the important bit off -
All users EXCEPT 'Users (MISSION-CONTROL\Users)' have 'Full Control'.
You may also find this useful -
- it's my equivalent thread on Microsoft's Community website.
I understand that MISSION-CONTROL is the name of PC and any windows user profile falls within the "Users" group. Is it possible for you to add permissions to "Users" group as well and see if Shredding works. By Permissions I mean allowing the below
1. Full Control
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.
Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership: