Did you mean: 
FthisProgram
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Can't delete mcafee

Jump to solution

I tried deleting the app

it was loading for 30 min so i thought maybe i need to reboot my windows 

when i tried uninstalling mcafee again, i got this message.

I can't even click on remove -_-

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't delete mcafee

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are sorry that the App still appears even after deleting it. There could be some residues present that's causing this issue,

I would request you to go to Control Panel, search for McAfee WebAdvisor and uninstall it.

Then, please run the McAfee Removal Tool that will remove the product completely from the system.

McAfee Product Removal Tool 

Please download MCPR tool located in the above article. Run the tool and that should remove the traces and the program as well. Note that, the above toll will remove all McAfee products installed on the system.

Please open browsers[Edge, Chrome & Firefox], check if WebAdvisor is installed as an Extension or Add On and remove it.

Then, restart your computer and check. You should not receive that popup anymore.

Regards,
Madhan M

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't delete mcafee

Jump to solution

Hi,

We are sorry that the App still appears even after deleting it. There could be some residues present that's causing this issue,

I would request you to go to Control Panel, search for McAfee WebAdvisor and uninstall it.

Then, please run the McAfee Removal Tool that will remove the product completely from the system.

McAfee Product Removal Tool 

Please download MCPR tool located in the above article. Run the tool and that should remove the traces and the program as well. Note that, the above toll will remove all McAfee products installed on the system.

Please open browsers[Edge, Chrome & Firefox], check if WebAdvisor is installed as an Extension or Add On and remove it.

Then, restart your computer and check. You should not receive that popup anymore.

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community