cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pepper03
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

49 Registry Entries and 1 Temporary File cannot be removed after scan

My Quick Clean always removed everything but in the last scan it won't remove these 49 registry entries and one temporary file.

Not sure how to take a screen shot so I can post them here.

If anyone could help I would appreciate it!

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: 49 Registry Entries and 1 Temporary File cannot be removed after scan

Just take the screenshot and save it to your desktop  as a .jpg then post back and use the camera symbol to upload it.

(Click on image to enlarge)

Capture.JPG

Off the top of my head I would assume they are certain temporary files that can't be deleted because they are connected to something that's in use...just a guess though.

pepper03
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

mcafee.jpgmcafee1.jpg

pepper03
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

mcafee12.jpgmcafee14.jpg

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6

Well there's no real way of knowing what those registry keys represent but I would assume they belong to some vital process or something that is in use and is preventing them from being deleted.

Technical Support may be able to offer a better explanation than I can as they could link up with your machine if you would let them.

It's free and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

mqsuser
Contributor III
Message 6 of 6

Can you do a quick check for the registry entries which quickclean is not deleting by deleting them manually?

You can pick one registry entry and go to your start button->run-> type regedit.

It will open up the registry editor for you.

Press Ctrl+F and type the registry value which QuickClean is not deleting and then do a search.

locate that registry entry and try to delete it manually.

if you cannot delete it manually then QuickClean will also not delete it. In the newer version of quickclean ,it has stopped listing the registry entries which cannot be deleted by user and by quickclean.

mqsuser

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community