cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
auntbea
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

license

How do I add another  home computer for the whole internet protection?I just purchased this Mcafee with 3 liscenses.Can anyone help with this issue?

7 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 8

Re: license

So I assume you licensed 1 so far if so  you would have created an account when you were doing this. To add another 1 log into the Mcafee account with the email and password you created and go to my account subscriptions and add a device and it will take you through adding another PC.

some reading matter that may help

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=CS40020

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=CS40085

These are to use if you have a problem

If still having issues please call customer service support and they will assist you

http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 28/06/14 4:09:45 PM
hud_engineer
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Hi Peacekeeper,

On similar lines, my new Windows 8.1 64-bit PC came with LiveSafe, and after 30 days, that has now expired.  I have added a McAfee Internet Security (3 user) subscription to my existing (3 user) subscription on my account, and despite finding a way that generated a 15-digit security key/code, it seems to refuse to install on the new laptop.  The Chat service does not want to work on my 64 bit machine, so technical help is limited, and my new PC is now vulnerable.  Do I have to battle to evict LiveSafe before I can put my choice of McAfee product on the PC?

Thanks,

AJ

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

You would have to completely uninstall, cleanup, reboot and reinstall as your license is for a different product.

See the procedure in my signature below - How to Uninstall.......

Peter.gif

Toronto ▪ Canada

Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers
How To Uninstall/Reinstall McAfee Consumer Products EXCEPT Anti-Theft
How To Submit A False Detection To McAfee
Beta Test McAfee Products For PC & MAC
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Removal Tools

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8

auntbea & hud_engineer,

Any technical issue that you may encounter while doing the process, please free to call McAfee Technical Support Team. They are the expert on this.

866-622-3911 option 1 for TS.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8

1. Internet Security, Email Spam Protection, Online Backup | Internet Security 2014 | McAfee-

- helpful screenshots are available on this link as well

2. How to download and install McAfee consumer products

- easy to follow steps is on this support link

3. Services and Support for Home and Office

- FAQs list, welcoming new tech information!

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 7 of 8

Re: Re: license

Hi ,

I believe this number is for users from North America and it changes for users in other part of the world. I would suggest users to reach out to our Support site and select their country from the drop down for correct Phone number.

Regards

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 8

Re: Re: license

Yes, exactly

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community