cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Troy
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

help

Does anyone know the phone number for tech help?  The website is sending me in circles.

7 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: help

It`s on the top of this page under useful links (customer service) i think thats what you want.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

Troy wrote:

Does anyone know the phone number for tech help?  The website is sending me in circles.

Normal Technical Support is via online chat through the link under Useful Links or McAfee Support/Home and Home Office, at the top of this page.  Unless you purchased your product retail in the last 30 days then there is free phone support on the same link.  If outside the 30 days phone support is chargeable.

Customer Service is always free, phone or online chat, for account and subscription issues.

beth_katz
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

Hi Troy,

What Ex_Brit says is correct. Customer service (account related issues) is always free. You can reach customer support at this number: 866-622-3911

You can get your free phone tech support within 30 days of purchase by calling Customer service at : (866) 622-3911  

For paid tech support (after 30 days) follow the procedure here: http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=2&st=PHONE

You will be prompted for your country, your name, and a brief description of your problem.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Beth Katz

McAfee Consumer Platform Product Managment

dukeofearle
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Beth,

Why won't McAfee put these numbers on their web site?  I've tried for 3 days to use the chat and email contact links with no response.  Both advise me of an average wait time of 10 minutes or so, but I never even get a chat window or a call.  I used the phone number you provided (above) and had my question answered and problem solved in 5 minutes.  I was REALLY getting frustrated, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Anyway, thanks for posting the numbers here.  Glad I found them!

John

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

dukeofearle wrote:

Beth,

Why won't McAfee put these numbers on their web site?  I've tried for 3 days to use the chat and email contact links with no response.  Both advise me of an average wait time of 10 minutes or so, but I never even get a chat window or a call.  I used the phone number you provided (above) and had my question answered and problem solved in 5 minutes.  I was REALLY getting frustrated, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Anyway, thanks for posting the numbers here.  Glad I found them!

John

You are posting to a 2 year-old thread so I doubt anyone here is still subscribed to this topic, however McAfee does publish all its contact information.  The main numbers are on the 'Contact Us' at the bottom left of any of the pages here in these forums and most pages on its website.  In the 2 years since this thread was active phone support is now free of charge too   On the support pages the phone numbers will be revealed if you follow the prompts.  Technical Support for the USA is available 24/7 via online chat and between 6am and 6pm Pacific time on the phone.   Try the latter, that will be quicker.  http://service.mcafee.com/ServiceSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1&st=PHONE

If you are having problems getting pages to cooperate it could be your browser settings.  Try another browser perhaps.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/12/12 11:33:52 EST AM
dukeofearle
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Dear E_B,

Thanks for the resopnse.  Yes, I did find the telephone number in small print under the heading "Home User Sales" (not where I expected, since I was looking for Support, or Account Problems.  My bad.  So that was a personal problem, not a browser problem. 

Howefver, I still can't get the online chat to work.  I'm using a brand new Dell with Windows 8 and the latest IE-10.1.  Just in case that was the problem, I also tried Google Chrome.  And it works!  Tried again with IE-10, no luck.  So NOW we have a browser issue, apparently. 

Thanks again for the help.

John

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Try telling IE10 to always use Compatibility View under Tools.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community