Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halton
Contributor III
Message 1 of 6

Subscription cancellation

Jump to solution

As I have recently got a new computer Windows 10. My daughter has decided to combine her computers and mine on a multiple licence so I do not need to renew my own personal licence. However I would like to keep my account open to possible ask questions. Can  this be done  and if so  How can this be done? How do I close the financial part of my account?

Thank you.

Jerry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Subscription cancellation

Jump to solution

​,

First of all you need to make certain you have your (Auto Renewal) settings disabled/off. Then after your current subscription expires. You will need to remove your ( Personal Subscription) under your Current account Username/Email address.

Then if you wish to be covered by your Daughter's License/Active Subscription. She would have to go to (Her) account and Download/Install the software on (your) computer. This is of course is my understanding. To confirm such, you of course can contact Customer Service to verify https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

5 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

​,

First of all you need to make certain you have your (Auto Renewal) settings disabled/off. Then after your current subscription expires. You will need to remove your ( Personal Subscription) under your Current account Username/Email address.

Then if you wish to be covered by your Daughter's License/Active Subscription. She would have to go to (Her) account and Download/Install the software on (your) computer. This is of course is my understanding. To confirm such, you of course can contact Customer Service to verify https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Moved from General Discussion to "My Account" Online > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

​,

Just a follow-up, have you resolved your Issue? Or do you require additional assistance?

Thank You,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
halton
Contributor III
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

I am sorry for not getting back to you sooner. A lot has happened in my family. There has been illness in the family. I followed your advice and contacted the accounts department and they were fast in responding and the issue has been resolved.

Happy New year to you and ex_Brit and thank you for everything.

Jerry

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for the confirmation. Please know that I have you and your loved ones in my thoughts and prayers.

All the very Best,

Sincerely,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community