Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_86993
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Redeem more code to extend subscription

Jump to solution

Hello,

Just a question. I just activated my one year subscription of McAfee Livesafe one month ago by redeeming a retail/offline 1 year card code (+turning on subscription with my cc for the future). If i purchase another retail card code and redeem it again then will i get automatically 2 year subscription? Or should i wait till the subscription expired first before trying to redeem again?

Thank for the answer and sorry for my very bad English

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
user_86993
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Re: Redeem more code to extend subscription

Jump to solution

Hi Ex_Brit,

i just tried "experimentally" to redeem the digital key code i purchased: https://home.mcafee.com/secure/Redeemcard/Ecards.aspx and then i can 100% confirm it has successfully extended my subscription!!    I also got the confirmation email from McAfee for that.

So totally i've got 2 year subscription (2017) as listed on both of my McAfee account and desktop application :

Installed McAfee Apps

McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security via Hewlett Packard Consumer Reinstall 
Expires: 8/3/2017
Registered on: 5/1/2015

I think it works just like Office 365 that way as i said above (redeeming more keys=longer subscription). Just make sure people have to use the unused/genuine keys for the right/ corresponded version (i.e. you can't redeem McAfee Internet Security code to extend LiveSafe subscription, etc) Thanks, i'm happy now!

Best Regards,

Amir

View solution in original post

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

No it doesn't work that way, sorry.  Wait until your subscription is expired to purchase an extension.  One purchased now may not work after 1 year, you should maybe ask Customer Service, they will give you a definite answer:

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)

user_86993
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Ex_Brit,

Thanks for the reply, i just thought that it should work just like Office 365 subscription (redeeming more keys=longer subscription). Too bad i've just found an online reseller who is selling some cheap genuine key cards. Yeah maybe i'll ask the customer service later. If it's definitely not permitted/supported then i think i'll stick with my attached CC instead (for automatic subscription payment) or alternatively will only buy another keycard next year when the subscription nearly ended.

Best Regards,

Amir

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

We've been asked this before and the answer I've always got was the card is valid for 1 year from the date it is activated and can't be used for the purpose of extending subscriptions.

user_86993
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Hi Ex_Brit,

i just tried "experimentally" to redeem the digital key code i purchased: https://home.mcafee.com/secure/Redeemcard/Ecards.aspx and then i can 100% confirm it has successfully extended my subscription!!    I also got the confirmation email from McAfee for that.

So totally i've got 2 year subscription (2017) as listed on both of my McAfee account and desktop application :

Installed McAfee Apps

McAfee LiveSafe - Internet Security via Hewlett Packard Consumer Reinstall 
Expires: 8/3/2017
Registered on: 5/1/2015

I think it works just like Office 365 that way as i said above (redeeming more keys=longer subscription). Just make sure people have to use the unused/genuine keys for the right/ corresponded version (i.e. you can't redeem McAfee Internet Security code to extend LiveSafe subscription, etc) Thanks, i'm happy now!

Best Regards,

Amir

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Oh wow, that's good to know, thank you for posting.

markwalker
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

I can confirm that as of May 2017, teuku.amir.123's answer is still correct.  I bought three of the retail cards last November but only entered one code to start the first year.  After communicating with a support rep, I have just entered the codes from the other two cards.  It correctly extended my subscription for two more years from the original expiration date (not from today's date).  So go ahead and enter your codes.  Make sure you are logged in to your account when you do it.

When I bought the three cards last year (on Black Friday) the store clerk said that you could enter up to five and that was the limit that they would sell at the Black Friday price, and that clerk had done it herself.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

Thnaks for the input.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community