cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnfuller
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Protection of "network"

Is "Singh Support" legitimate?  They're telling me I need to pay $299 (in addition to the $1,700 I paid 6 months ago for laptop protection against hackers) to protect my "network" (which they seem to define as "all services our computers use," such as banking, shopping, e-mail, etc.

9 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Re: Protection of "network"

​,

It seems that you have inadvertently been *Scammed* by a Fake Support company. I would immediately cease all contact with this Company. Pease refer to this discussion:

Also

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 10

Successfully moved from Malware Discussion to "My Account" Online  > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 10

This is the link for McAfee Support and it's free for the basic Customer and Technical Support.

Support

As you mention "our computers" it's possible you are using Enterprise products in which case log on at the Support Portal using your Grant Number.

Enterprise Portal

More useful links here: 

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 10

Found this

Singh support phone number

I would scan your Pcs with as many of the linked to scanners as you can. Note in Malwarebytes do not accept the trial of the premium version if you can avoid it at least let it lapse after 2 weeks to the manual free version.They, Singh, may have installed malware on your PC as well.

If you paid via credit card talk to your bank.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 10

In addition avoid, and (DO NOT) Google or access their home site. It was listed as *Under Construction* and asked one to enter their email address/password.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
tao
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 10

"5. Tech Support Scam: A Newark, Ohio man reported losing $400 to a tech support scam called Singh Support. While on his computer, a blue screen popped up with an audible sound stating there was a problem with his Windows and IP address.

Cyber criminals are now attempting to defraud individuals who accidentally click a link while browsing the Internet. The link will produce what seems like a legitimate pop-up warning about a hack, and provides a tech support phone number. But when the consumer calls tech support, they are often asked for money or to give the support person access to their computer to solve the problem, losing personal information.

BBB encourages consumers to hang up on unsolicited third-party calls claiming you have a computer virus. Verify any tech support company’s information by researching their business and looking for customer reviews. Finally, never provide passwords or personal information over the phone."

BBB Scam Spotlight: January 2017

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 10

In other words, surf safely...be careful what you click !!

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 10

Just a 'Follow-up' Were able to get your concerns addressed?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

Here are some helpful tips if you have been scammed by a *Fake Technical Support Company*.

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/tech-support-scams/

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community