Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
new_mcafee_user
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Problem with licence/subscription extension

Good afernoon.

There was an adevertisement inside the McAfee product box I bought in Spain, where I live. It said I could extend my  3 licences 3 month, the price was 1.99 euros. When I bought this extension from my McAfee account, which was used for  a relative's computer at that moment, another 3 licenceses was added to my account intead of extending the previous one. I bought it from a computer with Windows 8, so I was not using my McAfee product in it, I do not know if this information is relevant. I was not using it, because McAfee product does not work in Windows 8, despite saying it does on product box.

I would like to solve this problem as fast as posible. It is disliking no to be able to contact to the McAfee Spain Customer Services Departmente, as I told in anohter threat.

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: Problem with licence/subscription extension

I'm already answering you here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/49408?tstart=0

No need to post again.

The box should not say compatible with Windows 8 as the software isn't yet compatible, but as I explained on the other thread, the beta product IS compatible.

Are you sure it doesn't say will be compatible with Windows 8?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/10/12 9:21:44 EDT AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

Updates will be rolled out to make the current software compatible over the next few days.

new_mcafee_user
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

McAfee customer services department has already solved the problem.

I am going to check up Microsoft applications market to know when McAfee software is compatible.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

They wont know when McAfee is compatible.  The beta McAfee software already is Windows 8 compatible and there is an update to the retail software in the pipeline which should have reached most people by Friday however they did say it could take up to a week to reach everyone.  That's assuming 3rd party providers of the software (ISP's, PC makers etc.) cooperate and pass the update on to their customers too.

pacman55
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

hi

(the following i have yet to make my own new thread)

anyone having any issue with Unauthorised Licences on macfee online accounts? this is appereantly happening to my brothers account which me n several others are licenced too. i dont touch the account, i have access, but only go in to get what i need usually to redownload a expired etc.

macfee have odd issues like this, i first had cause for concern when i was getting multiple disconnection issues on many pc's under the same account, telling me that the pc is not protected, obvious server disconnection issue, for if i was the account owner i'd would of said goodbye to macfee for good, but no still licenced to them. cant convince my brother they are shit.

and it really is strange, lately its being he has been telling me, that new licences have been activated by someone with access, this is actaully being charged to his account, like $20-30 each i think its no more than 2. macfee you peice of shit. i know this isnt anyone else esp since the licences are appearently coming up as my real name computer name, (not actaully, its my name RL. my pc name is similar) and someone elses.

why is this happening?

i've had it with macfee i'm leaving the comfort of only paying like $20-30 for nearly a full year of subscription, start my own account with someone else n get that to be cheaper. (FYI online accounts, the more licences for ppl u activate for their pc's, the cheaper overall it gets)

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 8

There is an issue we all had even we mods where strange PC names are seen on the account. The account is secure and the issue fixed in teh lateste 11.6 or higher release.

That said you should not have been charged (or your brother should not have been).

He should contact customer support and get it sorted out. They will fix it. Remember the starnge PC names are an aberation that has been fixed in 11.6.434/5 i think. If he has any issue still after  contacting support PM me and I will get my contacts to chase this up.

http://service.mcafee.com/CustomerService.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

pac man wrote:

hi

(the following i have yet to make my own new thread)

anyone having any issue with Unauthorised Licences on macfee online accounts? this is appereantly happening to my brothers account which me n several others are licenced too. i dont touch the account, i have access, but only go in to get what i need usually to redownload a expired etc.

macfee have odd issues like this, i first had cause for concern when i was getting multiple disconnection issues on many pc's under the same account, telling me that the pc is not protected, obvious server disconnection issue, for if i was the account owner i'd would of said goodbye to macfee for good, but no still licenced to them. cant convince my brother they are ****.

and it really is strange, lately its being he has been telling me, that new licences have been activated by someone with access, this is actaully being charged to his account, like $20-30 each i think its no more than 2. macfee you peice of ****. i know this isnt anyone else esp since the licences are appearently coming up as my real name computer name, (not actaully, its my name RL. my pc name is similar) and someone elses.

why is this happening?

i've had it with macfee i'm leaving the comfort of only paying like $20-30 for nearly a full year of subscription, start my own account with someone else n get that to be cheaper. (FYI online accounts, the more licences for ppl u activate for their pc's, the cheaper overall it gets)

OK the fix that was going out for this relies on 2 factors...

1.  Everyone has to have the fix, including you and those strangers that appear as phantoms.

2.  The fix reaching all servers and unfortunately its distribution had to be suspended until now because it could have clashed with more urgent updates, it has resumed

Anyone that is out of licenses as a result and needs one or more, call Customer Service and they will release them for you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community