cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s12silvia1986
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Nagging box about renewing subscription, have over a year left still.

I have this irritating pop up box, from McAfee stating that my subsrciption is about to expire. This is a Brand new computer ( purchased around Christmas 2010, deliverd in mid january ) and this isnt my first issue with McAfee. But more on my current issue: This box pops up at random, and takes focus away from whatever i am doing. if i close it it might stay gone for a day, might pop up in 5 minutes. It really frustrating. I have one and a half years left before i should be pesterd to renew. Right now this is acting more like the addware it is supposed to detect.

How do i make it stop nagging? (see picture)

Also when i look at the scan history it show the number of detections but doesnt show what they were, and two if which were the execs for some Command and Conqure games, what gives?

my other issues were with McAfee for mac deciding that critical system files were viruses and deleating them bricking a Imac and a Macbook...I was not happy.

11 Replies
s12silvia1986
Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: Nagging box about renewing subscription, have over a year left still.

I cannot figure out how to edit the original post, but i am getting nagged now every 10 minutes or so. its hogging cpu time and is eating over 200mb of ram... if i dont get a fix soon i will be removing it in favour of the competition : Norton.

Message was edited by: s12silvia1986 on 2/5/11 7:05:29 PM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 12

Customer Service can help you and it's a toll-free call.

See the link under Useful Links at the top of this page.  Don't worry about the order number if you don't have it.

Telephone Customer Service

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call  866-622-3911. You may be asked for your registered email address and  order number. Telephone charges may apply.
Average contact length: 10  minutes
Estimated wait time: 5-10 minutes
Hours of Operation: Available daily, 6am-6pm Pacific

Also available by right-clicking the taskbar icon and selecting Get Help.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 05/02/11 8:37:44 EST PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 12

By the way should you need Technical Support that's available here 24/7: http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&st=CHAT

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 05/02/11 8:42:05 EST PM
newjack
Former Member
Message 5 of 12

Hi Ex-brit, This looks like the same problem you helped me with.The verify subscription?? Cancal that did`nt read the rest.

Message was edited by: newjack on 2/6/11 11:54:10 AM EST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 12

Yes and I am never sure whether it's best to contact Customer Service, who deal with subscriptions, first or Technical Support Chat, the first is probably the best place to start I suppose.

Also via Useful Links above.

newjack
Former Member
Message 7 of 12

O.K because the verify sub. you told me about seems to have worked for now.  Thanks

fairplay
Former Member
Message 8 of 12

Vow.

Nobody has dealt with my issues. Even the accounts are wrong. I have printed versions of my orders, they know what I paid for, but 2 weeks of trying to get the problem correct has resulted in zilch. Lots of patronising and incorrect advice.

The company has serious problems. 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 12

fairplay wrote:

Vow.

Nobody has dealt with my issues. Even the accounts are wrong. I have printed versions of my orders, they know what I paid for, but 2 weeks of trying to get the problem correct has resulted in zilch. Lots of patronising and incorrect advice.

The company has serious problems. 

Please contact Customer Service via Useful Links at the top of this page, by phone (toll free).   If they can't sort it out, Technical Support Online Chat is free and in the same links.

Edit:  Fairplay, you are already being dealt with in your own thread: https://community.mcafee.com/thread/32222

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 07/02/11 6:25:47 EST AM
s12silvia1986
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

I will be calling in to end my subsription today, since apparently i can get auto-billed. I dont want to be hit with a misterious fee when my subscriptions runs out like my grandmother was on her laptop.

I went through the hassle of uninstalling McAfee, to find out it breaks the gadget platform and others. Had to restore form a back up and use the uninstall exe from some hosting site.

Not very impressed with Mcafee.

Went to the competition, and I would like to point out that it found tons wrong (well 6 instances) that Mcafee never even found (tracking cookies? from seeming repitable sites...and it skipped over my games exes as clean: Imagine that) or cared to find. Hope this issue gets solved for other people, it was given 1 star on Consumer reports by people for this reason. CR Staff rated below 50%

Message was edited by: s12silvia1986 on 2/7/11 6:32:35 AM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community