cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pingujohn
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

McAfee LiveSafe Reverted To Trial Version

I have a multidevice version of McAfee LiveSafe installed on 4 Windows 10 laptops.

The other day one of the laptops failed and the laptop manufacturer's support requested that I reset it back to factory settings.

This I did and the laptop now works except that McAfee LiveSafe on this laptop has reverted to a trial version.

Any solution would be grateful.

4 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee LiveSafe Reverted To Trial Version

I suggest that you contact Customer Service, as they are better suited to assist you with account issues.

https://serice.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact   Pay no attention to the *Long wait times* as it generally only takes 2-3 minutes. Via Phone/Online Chat being by far the quickest route.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Successfully moved from LiveSafe to "My Account" Online > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

Uninstall that in the normal manner (Control Panel > Programs and Features) then use the MCPR cleanup tool.

Reboot and then reinstall your current subscription from your account web page.

Or you can send a download link from that account page which you could pick up and open on that laptop..

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

BTW a hint:  I find it quickest (& safest) to save the software downloader to my desktop in the machine in question first.

If you do that, once its saved on desktop, right-click it and go to Properties and click Unblock, Apply and OK.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community