cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PT
Contributor
Message 11 of 13

McAfee Attempting to charge my account without permission

Just been advised that McAfee will be "renewing" my subscription despite the fact that I haven't had a subscription for more than 2 years. Absolutely disgraceful....

Consider this as notice to cease and desist any attempt at subscription renewal and to any attempt to take funds from my account by McAfee for any service.

I hereby confirm that I do not consent to or request renewal of any existing or previous contract for services with McAfee and any attempt to take funds from my account will be considered as a fraud and treated as such. 

If you take any funds from my account in respect of renewal I will instruct my solicitors to pursue for refund of subscription and associated costs.

Please confirm receipt of this message and also advise your proposals to compensate me for this attempt to defraud me.
SR2
Contributor
Message 12 of 13

Re: McAfee Attempting to charge my account without permission

Yo same I have never made a subscription or put in my bank info to whatever the hell mcafee is and here I just got an email saying im being charged so dam much for some protection plan which they said I have been using for a year now and that its gonna renew next year. What is this scamming a** type sh*t bruh

Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 13

Re: McAfee Attempting to charge my account without permission

Are they actually from McAfee. There are are lot of scam emails going around I get them regularly even though I am on a long trial subscription. Worth checking the links in the emails . Do not click on them hold the curser over them and the addy should show up.

If you never had a subscription this implies a scam email as well.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community