cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derretter
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

I tried to create my Id and passwort that i can see my created SR´s (service requests).

But during register Mcafee asked me for a "grand #" (grand number).

What is a grand # and where i can find it?

Additional i want to inform you that i created a request to Mcafee that i was downloading the newest "internet security" version beacuse i forgot the administration password for the children protection for the Mcafee software.

SR 970147637 was created from Mcafee for that technical issue.

So fare i got no replay from McAfee on that SR.

That´s the reason why i want to register myself on the service home page to see the SR- status but during registering i got the problem with the "grand #".

best regards

MArtin Andreas

5 Replies
derretter
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: Log in to view my SR´s

additionally i must inform you that the SR was created because after installing the new McAfee software i tried to open Mcafee but it just opened a white window and nothing was visible, even not the mcafee navigation.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Gracias Martin

Grant # is for McAfee Enterprise version software.

If your issue is with the home version , please try the steps here https://community.mcafee.com/message/262983#262983, else get in touch with Technical support from Useful links at the top of this page .

Thanks,

derretter
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Dear Dinz

I tried

1. Open command prompt : with administrator rights
  2. type: regsvr32 jscript.dll and press enter
  3. Regsvr32 vbscript.dll and press enter

And then reinstall Mcafee

Doesn´t help. Still white window when i open Internet security

You wrote also to downgreade IE . Actually i have IE9 but also at the time before I delete my previouse Mcaffee Internet security.

Reason for my reinstallation i wrote already. Over the time i forgot the administrator password for the childrens protaction area within Mcafee.

About IE downgreade i think that this is not the reason because just after the first reinstallation i got the white window.

Additionally you wrote that some tweaks of the IE-Option might also help.

about which Security settings you are thinking about in the IE-security options?? Some ActivX setting?? But what does the IE-option have to do with the navigation window of Mcafee??

My system on the PC is "windows 7 home premium" 64 Bit

I tried also to get the online technic support installed on my PC but during installation there came all the time an error.

best regards

Martin Andreas

Nachricht geändert durch derretter on 14.11.12 12:50:24 CST
user_174994
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Dear Mr. Andreas,

Just downgrade IE to version 8 and reboot.

If you still have the same issue, go to Windows updates and again install IE9.

Works like a charm.

Message was edited by: supp@user on 11/14/12 2:15:26 PM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

@derretter, apart form an online account for the downloadable products there is way to see your service requests online - that is a feature only available to Enterprise customers using the business products who have a Service Portal.   That facility isn't available to home/consumer product users.    You must have been trying to access their portal if it asked for a grant number.   You don't use that portal.  All your service is through http://service.mcafee.com/ or through the links under 'Useful Links' or McAfee Support > Home and Home Office Support at the top of this page, or you can right-click that McAfee icon by your system clock and select Get Help and follow the links that way.

😉

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 14/11/12 4:17:17 EST PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community