cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vbbuchanan
Former Member
Message 1 of 22

I am unable to verify my update. It has been weeks. Email to change password has taken hours. How do I uninstall and get my money back?

I need help

21 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 22

Re: I am unable to verify my update. It has been weeks. Email to change password has taken hours. How do I uninstall and get my money back?

Hi vbbuchanan, I'm sorry to hear that you've had so much trouble. Which product did you install? I can try to help you out, or get you to the people who can.

vbbuchanan
Former Member
Message 3 of 22

Re: I am unable to verify my update. It has been weeks. Email to change password has taken hours. How do I uninstall and get my money back?

SPyron,Thank you for your response.  I purchased McAfee Internet 3 user May 2.   On July 29th I purchased it again!  I thought I was purchasing something different.  Anyway I still am having trouble being able to verify subscription to McAfee updates.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 22

Ok, please forgive me if these seem like redundant questions, but I want to make sure we're on the same page.

You accidentally made 2 purchases of the product, and would like a refund on the 2nd purchase, and would like the subscription you purchased on May 2 to be added into your product?

When you right-click your McAfee icon and choose verify subscription, what subscription date shows up after that?

Thanks!

vbbuchanan
Former Member
Message 5 of 22

Are we on the same page now?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 22

Sorry, I meant I wanted to make sure I understood the full issue so I got the right people involved if needed. Did I restate your issue correctly?

vbbuchanan
Former Member
Message 7 of 22

I have to be doing something wrong.  The problem is that when I right-click on my McAfee icon I see no dates and no place to verify my subscription.  I click the icon in the start up menu.  I click the icon in Windows.  I click the icon on my tool bar.

vbbuchanan
Former Member
Message 8 of 22

The only thing if offers me is to buy another!

vbbuchanan
Former Member
Message 9 of 22

Yes

vbbuchanan
Former Member
Message 10 of 22

You did restate my issue correctly.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community