cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uhh
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

How to send an email to McAfee Customer Services?

What to do if the page asks me for my details do not work properly?

The box "Confirm email" doesn't take the "@" character!

I cant contact costumer support because there's technical problem with the website!

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: How to send an email to McAfee Customer Services?

Probably because you're using a European keyboard and the characters are in different spots, I agree that shouldn't happen.

Have you tried copy and paste or pulling the @ symbol off Windows Character Map (Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools)  ?

Or wait until tomorreow and use their phone:

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call us at +353 (0)160 155 80.

Estimated wait time: 10-30 minutes

Hours of Operation: 09.00-18.00 local, Monday through Friday

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 04/01/13 3:07:35 EST PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Branched to your own new thread as the original one was answered.

uhh
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

As my username suggests it I tried a few things. I can type '@' succsessfully with a quite good average. The problem is that I can type @-symbol on that-very page one line above  ( give e-mail) but not one line below (confirm e-mail)!  I'm frustrated   What I tried: Opera, Safari, Explorer, Firefox. I tried it on girlfriends laptop( different op sys) ,obviously copy-paste > no good. I tried several page-coding format too!  In fact I shouldn't be able to call McAfee because I have to fight myself through THAT page to get contact details. Eventually I got a phone number from an other forum, discussing McAfee contacts, and issues. Finally I could call support, talked to them and it seems that there is a (nover complicated McAfee-way) solution for my original problem. Still this typing issue is kinda funney. Thanks for the effort anyway!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

You can't copy and paste the 1st email address line into the 2nd one?    I'm wondering is a different browser might help here?

You should try phoning them:

To speak with a Customer Service representative, call us at +353 (0)160 155 80.

Estimated wait time: 10-30 minutes

Hours of Operation: 09.00-18.00 local, Monday through Friday

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community