Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flap610
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

How can this be justified?

Hi

I have two quite simple questions.

At the moment I have Internet Security Suite installed and the subscription renewal is due in March 2011, the price of this renewal has been quoted to me at £54.99 for a year, for 1 PC.

Now, I have noticed that if I was a 'new customer' and wanted to buy the same product, then the price quoted is only £39.99, for the same time period and cover.

A difference of £15.00!!!

I would like to know why new customers are favoured more than existing, loyal customers. While I realise new customers have to be tempted with discount deals, I also think that existing customers are getting a raw deal. I have used this product for 2 years now and have seen the price increase every time I renew. Surely existing customers should have some sort of loyalty deal with their renewal.

I have switched automatic renewal off, so at the moment I will not be renewing my subscription and I am looking elsewhere for protection, until I receive a satisfactory explanation of this pricing.

My second question is, why on the support page can I not access 'email support' and I am only presented with 'chat support', I can not click the 'email support' button at all.

I don't want to chat with anyone, I don't want to telephone a customer support representative, I simply want to send an email with my questions and grievances. So why is this not available to me?

Looking forward to anyone who can answer these questions satisfactorily.

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: How can this be justified?

This question has been raised so many times and yes, I agree, it certainly looks like customers are being treated differently from others, but apparently renewals are always at the full price, so best to go to your account page and disable the auto-renewal (already done in your case) and then do a bit of comparison shopping and purchase according to what you want.  If you phoned in your order, however, they would most likely give you the lower price.

Those decisions are made by the Customer Service branch who don't read these forums, which are more directed to the technical side and unfortunately we don't have much contact with them either.

On the Customer Service page for the UK I see that there are Telephone, Online Chat and Email options to contact them.

http://service.mcafee.com/ServiceSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1&st=CHAT

I'll warn you the email option is usually extremely slow in getting a response.  Online Chat is free as is the toll-free phone option.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 03/02/11 10:14:26 EST AM
ajacobs
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 6

I've moved this to our "My Account" space for subscription/renewal issues.

newjack
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Flap610,That is a great point.Unfortunately it is not the only hook....leave it at that.Great point.

Flap610
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Ex_Brit, your link to the email section worked fine and I have emailed McAfee my issues. Dont know why I was unable to click the email link earlier though.

Many thanks and regards.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Gremlins I guess.  Good luck and all the best.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community