Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alehins
Former Member
Message 1 of 13

Additional license to a new pc

Jump to solution

I have had 3 licenses on one subscription for a long time, all used. Recently, I bough a new pc and an additional McAfee license, the 4th one. I clearly see "4 licenses, 3 used, 1 available" in my account info, but I don't seem to be able to add any new device to my account. There must be a bug in the system. Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alehins
Former Member
Message 11 of 13

Re: Additional license to a new pc

Jump to solution

The main message is that the problem is happily solved. Thanks again Peacekeeper for the phone number you found. I called the service today and was by the number of the phone I was calling from immediately identified as myself and offered an elegant solution which worked! They sent me an link to download a software to repair the subscription. I run it on my new laptop and everything seems to be fine now. Cheers!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

Best you call customer service they can access your account and sort this out we mods cannot sorry.

Support portal

Are the 4 licenses separated or at least 2 shown as separate? If so highlight the latest 1 and add a device.. Only guessing as have only 1 license myself

alehins
Former Member
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

Thanks for the advice Peacekeeper! If by highlighting you mean clicking, that's exactly the thing that nothing is really clickabl. I see I have a spare license and that's it, really smart.

And thanks for the link. I was on that site yesterday and couldn't find out where to call or send emails. I wonder if you can advise me as to whether it matters which country I choose. I live in Finland, but when I choose it from the list of countries and languages, nothing seems to be clickable or having any sensible information - again! Does it matter where I actually live?

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

Ok you haven't it installed so no verify option available so calling support best option. Sorry About that.

Re finland ok unsure what best option as call may not be free to nearest support that speaks a language you do. What language(s) can you speak?

On that site you do the following this for england say as an example

1. Click on Contact in Contact support option.

2.set language UK english and

3. select account information and phone and number appears.

Similair for netherlands unfortunately no finland.

If still an issue I will ping a tech here though he speaks only english but might know someone who speaks your preferred language.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

Ok found this it is for Technical support not account issues but worth asking them. Account issues seems not to give you a finland option so call the number above on Monday

Finland

09 2290 600010:30-13:30 local, M - F

Oh DO NOT EMAIL it takes ages to get a reply call or chat best way.

alehins
Former Member
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

Thank you Peacekeeper! This is helpful.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

Good luck

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

Wouldn´t it be better to buy one of the products that´s allow you to install it on all your devices with one license instead of paying for each one of them ? If that´s what you are doing ?

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

That would be 1 way all depends on time left on original licenses and if the new licence came with the PC. Worth a thought when those 3 run out

alehins
Former Member
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

If McAfee allows adding licenses, why not use it?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community